£100m Toure, Lescott & Terry

Re: £100m Toure, Lescott & Terry

if i had to pick between onuoha, dunne and richards vs lescott, terry and toure, i'd pick the latter trio. 3 damn good to world class defenders in place of 3 very average defenders!!!

S.E.H said:
if i had to pick between onuoha, dunne and richards vs lescott, terry and toure, i'd pick the latter trio. 3 damn good to world class defenders in place of 3 very average defenders!!!
exactly!
why do so many blues have this in-built agression towards anyone who dares to slightly critisize anyone who came through the academy?
i dread to think what will happen when we sign a better midfielder than stevie ireland!
samaritans calls will probably go up 60% in the manchester area.

S.E.H said:

Why cant we have 5 of them, after all we will need stength in depth in all depts and yesterdays match shown we dont have it at Centre back.

It would be upto MH to earn his corn and keep them happy, also the fact Terry & Lesott are prone to the odd niggle means Nedum and Richards would get games, also Toure will dissapear in Jan for 6 weeks again more games for reserves.

wrongun73 said:
good point gilly

Two players of equal quality for each position throughout the team is the target! The oft used phrases such as 'the quality on the bench' 'the depth of the squad' etc etc is what wins trophies!

gillymcfc said:
S.E.H said:

Why cant we have 5 of them, after all we will need stength in depth in all depts and yesterdays match shown we dont have it at Centre back.

It would be upto MH to earn his corn and keep them happy, also the fact Terry & Lesott are prone to the odd niggle means Nedum and Richards would get games, also Toure will dissapear in Jan for 6 weeks again more games for reserves.

Because Everton may be insisting on Nedum being part of the deal for Lescott. If you think we're struggling for centre halfs, just look at Everton minus Lescott with Jagielka injured.

I wonder Hughes planning on having JT and JL as CBs, with Toure as a left back, but I could see the option of 3-5-2. This would mean the mid includes robinho, swp, ireland, barry and de jong/kompany/zabaleta

S.E.H said:
I wonder Hughes planning on having JT and JL as CBs, with Toure as a left back, but I could see the option of 3-5-2. This would mean the mid includes robinho, swp, ireland, barry and de jong/kompany/zabaleta

Good possibility if we are trailing but not sure MH would start with that formation for any game.

Best we can hope for is 4-4-2

gillymcfc said:
S.E.H said:

Good possibility if we are trailing but not sure MH would start with that formation for any game.

Best we can hope for is 4-4-2

Yeah, which would make you think he might consider Toure as a full back, maybe on the left, or if Lescott can be persuaded to play at LB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.