£10m + Elano for Kolo Toure

Re: £10m + Elano for Kolo Toure

DontLookBackInAnger said:
This might be the worst deal EVER!
The only thing noteworthy about this thread is that City fans don't rate Toure despite having a dodgy defence, and also have an inflated opinion of Elano. Odd

I don't think Wenger is stupid, but I also think we are in for Toure. Manu's comments support that

Marvin said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
This might be the worst deal EVER!
The only thing noteworthy about this thread is that City fans don't rate Toure despite having a dodgy defence, and also have an inflated opinion of Elano. Odd

I rate Toure, but don't think we need to overpay for the first defender that might improve our defence.

£10m plus a £8m (at least) rated player is way too much IMO. Really surprised anyone would think otherwise given the question marks over Toure.

moomba said:
Marvin said:

I rate Toure, but don't think we need to overpay for the first defender that might improve our defence.

£10m plus a £8m (at least) rated player is way too much IMO. Really surprised anyone would think otherwise given the question marks over Toure.

--------------------------?????
What question marks over Toure?

hgblue said:
moomba said:

Plenty of question marks imo. Not played well for over 18 months. I accept part of that is down to the illness he had... I'm not convinced he is much better than what we already have.

Cant see Elano starting anymore than 6-10 games this season if he stays, so if we can use him as a make weight in any deal that would strenghten the defence it would'nt be a disaster

vincent said:
hgblue said:

Plenty of question marks imo. Not played well for over 18 months. I accept part of that is down to the illness he had... I'm not convinced he is much better than what we already have.

Bit harsh that. Class player imo.

hgblue said:
-------------------------?????

He's been poor since his return from Africa with malaria. Even to the extent where he's been pushed to the fringe of a defence that is not much better than ours.

He'll be missing for another month or so this January, he's nearing 30 and while he may have been a quality defender not that long ago I'm not sure he'll return to those levels.

moomba said:
hgblue said:
-------------------------?????

He's been poor since his return from Africa with malaria. Even to the extent where he's been pushed to the fringe of a defence that is not much better than ours.

He'll be missing for another month or so this January, he's nearing 30 and while he may have been a quality defender not that long ago I'm not sure he'll return to those levels.

I think it's a bit harsh to judge the lad based on his performances after he suffered the bout of malaria. I'm no expert, but I guess it's difficult to compete at the highest level if you're not 100%. There were signs towards the end of last season that he was returning to his best, and he should benefit from a decent rest and a full pre season. Don't think his age is too much of a problem to us, as he still has 3 years at his peak ahead, and by then hopefully, young Nedum will have grown into the top centre back we all think he's going to be.

hgblue said:
I think it's a bit harsh to judge the lad based on his performances after he suffered the bout of malaria. I'm no expert, but I guess it's difficult to compete at the highest level if you're not 100%.

Thats why there are question marks, and thats why I don't think we should be paying the equivalent of £18m+ for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.