£10m + Elano for Kolo Toure

Re: £10m + Elano for Kolo Toure

moomba said:
hgblue said:
I think it's a bit harsh to judge the lad based on his performances after he suffered the bout of malaria. I'm no expert, but I guess it's difficult to compete at the highest level if you're not 100%.

Thats why there are question marks, and thats why I don't think we should be paying the equivalent of £18m+ for him.

I agree with you there. £18m is too much, but I think we're having to pay a City tax, and if you read Garry Cooke's excellent article, this summer is a one off with a number of players being overpaid for, as we try to play catch up with a top four that have monopolised the top players for years, and have built up a competitive advantage over the rest that won't be easy to break down.

moomba said:
hgblue said:
-------------------------?????
What question marks over Toure?

He's been poor since his return from Africa with malaria. Even to the extent where he's been pushed to the fringe of a defence that is not much better than ours.

He'll be missing for another month or so this January, he's nearing 30 and while he may have been a quality defender not that long ago I'm not sure he'll return to those levels.

i cant understand why some are blaming is poor start to last season up to december on him having malaria?

this is a quote from wenger......."Most of the players have that (malaria) in their blood in Africa,” explained the Arsenal manager.

'He had a little resurgence of it because he caught it in Africa. They recover quickly from that. After two days he was okay.'

his poor form was imho down to the fact he was having some major issues playing with william gallas that did not get sorted out till just after new year and both defenders knuckled down and got on with there jobs and thus arsenal shot back into the top 4.

admitted he will be missing in january but im sure we should have decent cover in ned

imho as well he still is one of a few better quality defenders playing in the premiership.

selling elano will be one bad mistake..... his passes would work wonders for us now that we have a tall target man like ade or even RSC...... thats something we were lacking before. Elano is quality, would be a mistake selling him

Well his brother said he would never take the step ddown to city. You have to assume he has his ear. I take that as a snub personally and dont want him regardless of fitness and form if thats his opinion.

I wouldn't want to see elano leave for toure, i just believe that with adebayor and tevez playing up-front we can see the best of him this season.

is there even any evidence of elano leaving?

i mean, all this guy said was £10m + Elano for Kolo Toure 100% and now its 16 pages of panic stations.

also, elano is a very talented player and i would be sad to see him leave, especialy to arsenal as he would suite theyre play down to the bone and we are in direct competition with them for 4th. but would elan even get in the first team anymore? i mean, out of the attacking third in our new formation (wich i pressume weve all agreed on) who would he get infront of:

----------------adebayor-----------------

robinho------------------------tevez
-----------------ireland------------------

-----------barry---de jong-----------

bridge-new cb-new cb-zab/richards/new

-----------------given-------------------

edit: maybe this could be a possible solution (only for weaker teams though):

------------------adebayor--------------------

robinho-------------------------------tevez
-------------elano---ireland----------------
-------------------de jong--------------------

barry--new cb--new cb--zab/richards/new

--------------------given---------------------

???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.