£12 billion

metalblue said:
chabal said:
metalblue said:
That's even worse...who's in charge of this waste of tax payers money?

You see - you've come round to my way of thinking.

If you are thinking we should send them afghans/germans/Italians/etc a bill for the bombs dropped on their poxy countries then sir, you and I, have an accord.

Hmmm........not quite what I was thinking.

But I do agree that dropping bombs on other countries is, for the most part, a waste of taxpayers money.

remember arthur mann said:
Tuearts right boot said:
summerseat blue said:
If all the 12 billion goes to country's were they need it most i agree. I bet half of it goes in bribes or keeping certain country's in our back pockets.

Was just going to say similar. Be interesting to know how much actually goes of 'foriegn aid' and how goes on 'expenses'.

Exactly this, it's a fact these bribes go under the guise of foreign aid.

And these bribes get what?

Big fat mining contracts, swathes of land to factory farm on, mineral rights, business, access to dirt cheap labour, nil taxation, water right etc etc. All for UK companies. Aid my arse.

roaminblue said:
adrian99 said:
We are borrowing £120bn more this year because the government is spending £120bn more that it takes in, so we are borrowing this £12bn and then giving it away, madness.

speculative isn't that? Personally, I believe in foreign aid, so for me it would be coming from tax receipts. Couldn't it be argued items like Trident are being paid for with borrowed money?

But we aren't discussing Trident but I would cancel it too. Why do you believe in foreign aid, a luxury we can not currently afford? We have our own people using food banks, it's about time we started looking after our own first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.