for my ticket i got
6 goals, one from half way line, 1 disalowed
2 sendings off
a come back from 2.0 down
£2 for a bottle of fosters
a scuffle with police stewards & one fan . it took about 6 of to carry him out

great value , well done to both teams

Why was the fan dragged out?

I got a free ticket for this game, not much for the first hour, stanley went two up then Rochdale went for it. The 3rd was offside for Rochdale though.

Rochdale a certain to go up.

fat boy blue said:
as we had no game yesterday i went to accy v dale, £13 for a ticket
for my ticket i got
2 sendings off

"Up-the-Dale" !!

Here's hoping they do it this year pal, spent many a midweek night on the Wilbutts lane side. eating the best pie, peas and pea soup this side of The Khyber Pass!! Thats after a pint in the Golden Ball and some fish & chips from the Wilbutts Lane chippy for me tea!

Ahhh good times!!

Been there, done than Buford!!!! From the dale meself and used to go and watch dale years ago when i was too young to go and watch city

willbutts is away fans now, golden ball is an undertakers, but the chippy is still going strong (i live round the corner & use it frequently- hence fat boy blue)

the lad who was thrown out got bit over exited when dales 3rd went in

i am well chuffed for my dale mates, they have suffered a long time & deserve thier day in the sun

fat boy blue said:
willbutts is away fans now, golden ball is an undertakers, but the chippy is still going strong (i live round the corner & use it frequently- hence fat boy blue)

i am well chuffed for my dale mates, they have suffered a long time & deserve thier day in the sun

Indeed they do FBB, indeed they do....we all probably know each other you me and Speccybob :-)!!

A pal of mine, also a Blue, had a season ticket for the Dale for years and we went to Liverpool many years ago in the FA Cup and we had a great day out there with them all - top loyal fans, I was also one of the 420 (i think it was!) for a midweek game (against Peterborough i think!) with an afternoon KO due to the miners strike - we wagged off School and got into some serious trouble the next day but WTF eh :-) !!

Sad news about the Golden Ball (I played darts for them for years!) and also remember The Jolly Waggoner before it changed to Funnies!! Spotland Road was a great pub crawl back in the day!! I actually lived on Spotland Bridge, on the corner of the 3 shops that used to be there! Next to the newsagents..

I was there yesterday as well!

I was in the Accy end, but my loyalties were with Rochdale, as I am a former member of the Rochdale CSA.

Great entertainment, and a well deserved victory for the Dale.

I'll probably get up to a home game before the end of the season (maybe next Saturday?) as I wish Rochdale all the best, and hope they can finally make a promotion for the first time in 40 years.... yes, an even worse record than City for success!

Was mightily impressed with the songs sung by the Stanley fans... about 6 of them were real singalongs that went on for ages!

BufordUSABlue said:
fat boy blue said:

Indeed they do FBB, indeed they do....we all probably know each other you me and Speccybob :-)!!

A pal of mine, also a Blue, had a season ticket for the Dale for years and we went to Liverpool many years ago in the FA Cup and we had a great day out there with them all - top loyal fans, I was also one of the 420 (i think it was!) for a midweek game (against Peterborough i think!) with an afternoon KO due to the miners strike - we wagged off School and got into some serious trouble the next day but WTF eh :-) !!

Sad news about the Golden Ball (I played darts for them for years!) and also remember The Jolly Waggoner before it changed to Funnies!! Spotland Road was a great pub crawl back in the day!! I actually lived on Spotland Bridge, on the corner of the 3 shops that used to be there! Next to the newsagents..

all the pubs on spotland rd are boarded up or houses except highland laddie & bowling green. same with the woolpack, sign of times, but i do my best to keep the remaing ones going

I ahve a BIG TIME soft spot for The Mighty Dale!! I used to come over to watch City and my mate lives in Rochdale. Since I live in America, we dont have (or didnt way back then and now MLS is wank) live football. If I was over and City played on the Sunday or the Dale had a midweek match, we would always go to Spotland. They used to have City Supporters Club meetings at Spotland and they were a friendly club. They went out of their way to make me feel welcome. Only a calamity would see them NOT go up but I am certain that Hill wants them to go up as Champs.

Heres the interesting bit: Do you reckon their board WANTS them to go up? On the business end, will it be good for the club? I would imagine that the wages would go up but the revenues wouldnt. I know they have a pretty good center half that they will probably cash in on. Also, other clubs might come a calling for Hill. What does he do?? You couldnt blame him if he looks to go with a bigger club. I know the previous manager (whose name escapes me) did that and it didnt end well for him.

Oh well UP THE DALE!!!

BufordUSABlue said:
fat boy blue said:
as we had no game yesterday i went to accy v dale, £13 for a ticket
for my ticket i got
2 sendings off

"Up-the-Dale" !!

Here's hoping they do it this year pal, spent many a midweek night on the Wilbutts lane side. eating the best pie, peas and pea soup this side of The Khyber Pass!! Thats after a pint in the Golden Ball and some fish & chips from the Wilbutts Lane chippy for me tea!

Ahhh good times!!

Isn't that the away 'end' or side. Went in the Wilbutts Lane stand with the BlueDippers in the close season. My, they loved Jole then!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.