£170m WOW!!!!

Haven't we had a permanent presence of the Academy in our squad for about 15 years?

Richards?

Where's the £170 million figure from?! Form £100million to £65million up to £170million in the space of two days...it's a bit like when I put a pair of my fashionable, but never quite loved, pair of trousers on eBay.

Im not sure I get the article's, Its a bit confusing as to what it means. mostly the time scale mentioned..

First off we need to know what they class as Home grown, are they talking about lads joining the academy from about the age of 5, staying with the youth academy all the way through to the 1st team?, That would explain the 15 year date. Apparently our under 17's has quite a few local lads in it already.

Or are they talking about players who have just been through a few years of the academy, which we have shed loads of youth players ready to do, Joan Roman Angel, Suarez, Guddeti to name a few.

We have members of the team who have gone though the youth squad and I want to see at least 1 ( Guddeti ) starting next year too. So we have a youth academy presence already.

Damocles said:
Haven't we had a permanent presence of the Academy in our squad for about 15 years?

Richards?

The wording is a bit vague but the impression I got is that they mean the Barcelona system where a large percentage of the first-team squad at any one time would be homegrown.

all sounds amazing, love where this club is going

laserblue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I love that objection, 'The development does not fit with the area'

presumably they wanted rows of charity shops and fast food outlets. knobs.

we are all of us in the gutter

some of us are looking at the stars

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thought it was worth a mention after a great week

The public enquiry papers today re the Etihad Campus states the owners have now put in place £170m to deliver on their promises.

And a permanent home grown presence in the first team from 2027.

Doesn't sound like this mob are sticking around!

The MEN have an article today but can't post link.

I do get the sense this has become very personal for Shiek Mansour, Khaldoon and the ruling family.

WOW

The quotes from Vinny and Khaldoons reaction at the game tells everybody what we already knewin the first place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.