£3.5m bid for Joe Hart

He made comments to the effect of 'It's hard to know what to think when one day you are being referred to as the best english young goalkeeper, and the next you are being replaced by a more experienced player'

It might be understandable if he was just happy to build his career at Brum, but it's absolutely gutting that he appears to feel indifferent towards our club.

He was always loved to bits by the fans, always received the least amount of stick of any of our players. The vast majority thought he was a spectacular prospect, that he'd go on to become another Banks or Shilton.

If it's true there is a buy-out clause (and we were told at the time there wasn't), I will hunt down and kill the people responsible. If he feels this way about us because of treatment he recieved from the management team or hierarchy, I will hunt them down and kill them, too.

Sadly I think he might just feel rejected by us as a club.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...the-on-loan-England-keeper-article270843.html

Joe Hart has taken a side-swipe at Manchester City - as Birmingham City try to sign him in a full-time £3.5million deal.

England hopeful Hart is glad of the Premier League action with Alex McLeish's club but he is taking the plaudits with a level head after his experience with the other big-money Blues.

Hart said: "I take all of the praise with a pinch of salt. One minute you are a great young keeper and the next you are being moved out to bring in someone more experienced."

The comment relates to Hart's bitter spell under Mark Hughes when he was chopped to make way for Shay Given despite being in England contention at the time.

Hart leapt at the loan chance and will also be happy to sign for Birmingham, with Alex McLeish prepared to take him on permanently.

McLeish has already paid £1million in a 'loan fee' to have Hart for the season, and that sum is due to come off the final transfer figure - with City considering selling the up-and-coming star.

Would be daft to sell,
Loan him out again next season, he would probaly be a Number 1 for 10 clubs in the Prem, after that if he progresses as we hope then for the 2011/12 season he should be our number 1.

From that article it sounds as others have mentioned, that he feels rejected by City. However, even if Hart never wanted to return to the club, 4.5million (1million "Loan fee" and then 3.5 million bid) is an absolute joke of an offer. The owners of Brumtown we're saying how there going to bankroll Brums Jan spending spree, therefore, as others have with us, we should stick on a "Birmingham premium". His potential of future England number 1 added to the "Birmingham premium" should put him at around 17-18million. He's worth at least 7-10million now, then added future potential and the premium, I feel thats a fair evaluation.

In my opinion we shouldn't sell at all, we're in the driving seat cos ultimately we've got the money to not need to sell him, and we've got contract of the player. Loan him out there again, but as someone said before, if he goes to the World Cup, then we may see his valuation sky rocket.

This sounds good to me.

Manchester City put the brakes on Birmingham City move for on loan goalkeeper Joe Hart
By Sportsmail Reporter

Manchester City want Joe Hart to return

Manchester City have rejected Birmingham boss Alex McLeish’s bid to sign Joe Hart.

The Scot has been told that the keeper will be returning to Eastlands at the end of this season.
However, McLeish has not ruled out signing the England international for another year when his loan expires in the summer.

He said: 'Manchester City will take Joe Hart back at the end of the season. There is no chance of us signing him in January.

'We asked the question and they said that won't happen.

'It is Manchester City's policy and they said that it was always the game-plan.

'They were going to be putting in an active policy of young players in place as well as bringing in the big names.'

Well, the price for Lescott was 24 million, was it? Joe Hart will probably have more success in his career than Lescott will. So what price is appropiate? 30 million?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.