£300M bid for Ronaldo from China!

Podolski the latest to have a massive offer from a Chinese club. I think it could very well rival the Premier League soon, the money there is absurd.

They will need to get people to watch it in the ground and on TV if it is to be sustainable - if their national team does the business and gets the country interested then I can really see it taking off

English fans really don't have a leg to stand on given that we've been doing the exact same thing since the invention of the premier league. At first it was only over the hill has-beens like Ravanelli, Gullit and the like coming over here for huge money and making our drunken out of shape journeyman look like mugs, now relegation candidates are spending £30m on players and buying people from european giants. We really don't get to complain about other countries throwing silly money at players to convince them to come to play for second rate sides.

As for this particular rumour, I don't believe it for a second. It sounds like classic Jorge Mendes PR guff to inflate Ronaldo's ego even further. The amount of absolute bullshit rumours spread to make him look better is ridiculous
Very well said.

Where the fuck are they getting all their money from?

You and me mate. We've been buying Chinese goods - TV's, microwaves, watches, phones, fridges, playstations, cameras, clothes, shoes, vacuum cleaners, pots and pans and god knows what else - for 20 years. And they've lent us the money to do it as well.

China really worries me in terms of the future of football. It's OK right now when it's only has-beens and over-30's going there, but the calibre of players swapping competitive football for more money will only increase, as Oscar proved.
It's no worries for me. My support is not conditional on the quality of players in the league.

It's no worries for me. My support is not conditional on the quality of players in the league.

Mine is.

i've paid my dues watching shite, so I'm really having this Pep Guardiola, top players & brilliant academy thing. I don't care if we win it all, just that we make the best of it & that I'm watching quality.

If any part of it loses focus & settles for 2nd best, at home or worldwide, I'm off to the armchair.

Where the fuck are they getting all their money from?

China runs an absolutely enormously massive trade surplus with the rest of the World and has done for many years as it basically manufactures everything.
Since the time of Maggie Thatcher we have not tried compete in the manufacturing game as we have a much more sophisticated service based economy.
Unfortunately we have for many years run a massive trade deficit with the rest of the World, including China.

Nothing to worry about yet, still need a true foothold on the world stage, no TV deal....but in 10 if the current trend continues then maybe it becomes a real superpower league. But I just don't see it.

We've all made posts or threads on the future of football but if this is true it's insane how a player can be worth more than a stadium. 30m flops are no longer considered huge amounts of money. I wonder how long it will be until clubs in the bottom 3 will make a 50m signing?

It didn't seem long ago you could find a professional player in a pub having a few drinks. Now it's tinted windowed cars and players having nothing in common with the fans. Millionaires before they've played first team football if you're in the top leagues.

I spoke to some Italian bloke at the pub and that's how he felt when Sierie A was king, now he enjoys it a lot more, even though they're probably on stupid wages there too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.