£48

How arrogant and selfish.Supported the club for years?Paid out thousands when we were shit?

Now we have a half decent team and may be challenging for honours we are going to have to double ticket prices.Can't afford it?Sorry,you can always watch on sky,go to the pub,listen on the radio.Our new attractive team will find a more affluent fan to take your seat.Sorry old chap,that is life in 2012 Britain!

Sometimes i am ashamed of certain City fans.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Maybe have a word with GMP and ask how the boys in blue love there overtime for policing these matches to see where a large amount of ticket money goes

Straight to the top of my "scratching around for any bullshit comedy reasons to justify ripping off loyal fans" excuse.

Now I just have to decide whether it goes in the 'reason for spouting it' sub folder a) "it makes me feel nouveau riche", b) "I'm alright, Jack, c) "I haven't enough life experience to be able to appreciate the situation of others" d) "I haven't got any feeling for the essence of this club whatsoever" or e) "it somehow fits in with how I'd like to see myself, as some sort of entrepreneurial rider of market forces".

Either way, it is right near the top of comedy excuses.

Maybe i was wrong with that but it will be one reason, i also listed other reasons but feel free to pick out parts and form a nonsense argument from somewhere

a)no idea what your on about
b)i am alright but i feel for others
c)hahahaha
d)your a bit of a jockey
e)Yeah that one i just dont get

Dont porget to keep writing long winded nonsense posts JMA they do help me go to sleep

So, maybe I sometimes get a bit carried away with the sarcasm and piss taking tone. That last post was probably unfair. Sorry. However, this subject gets my goat and some of the nonsense spouted about it is so stupid it is baffling. That reason just gave off the same smell.

Football isn't purely market forces to me and any suggestion that it is will set me off.

As for the long winded stuff. Couldn't care less about the opinion of people who view more than 2 paragraphs as extensive detail. 1, There's a strange definition of long winded on here and 2, it helps differentiate from clapping attention seekers who are on here to make some sort of social life and peddle a shit line in self styled, "you're my mate, you are, don't you like me?" non-comedy.

paulchapo said:
How arrogant and selfish.Supported the club for years?Paid out thousands when we were shit?

Now we have a half decent team and may be challenging for honours we are going to have to double ticket prices.Can't afford it?Sorry,you can always watch on sky,go to the pub,listen on the radio.Our new attractive team will find a more affluent fan to take your seat.Sorry old chap,that is life in 2012 Britain!

Good post mate.
I'm in a fortunate position at the moment, I can afford to go. I have the utmost sympathy for anyone who is being priced out. For what it's worth I think City are better than most and long may that continue. Being priced out at the moment must feel like the woman you love has won the lottery and doesn't want to see you anymore.

I can afford it at the moment.I keep my season ticket going even though with work commitments i have only seen 4 home matches this season in the league.I pay it so i am guaranteed to get in and i can sit in the same area.

If i got to every home game it would have cost me around £21-£25 a game,which is exceptional value.

Financially it would make more sense to give it up and book when i can get to a game but i don't want to do that.

The club are better than a lot of clubs for season tickets and prices but £48 for a league game is a worrying development.

paulchapo said:

Excellent response.

If people believe £48 is a fair price for a ticket then they should try and get by on an average wage in Manchester. It's not affordable for many people our Club has been financed by for decades.

JMA

You're rapidly becoming my favourite poster.

Very funny posts regarding the comedy posters. You might like to join me some time as I tickle the chuckle brothers and their cyber-bully gang. Some of them can take, some can't. That's all you need to know.

However, I must disagree on the issue of detail as we don't all have time to read and post endlessly. And for most of us BM is mostly 'just for fun'.

Agree about the pricing [used to pay 50p at the back of the Kippax] BUT it's the nature of the capitalist system that most people on here seem happy to sign up to you, so you quite literally pays your money and you takes your choice. Unfair but a reality in 21st century Britain. In the face of competition, FFPR and the global market we are in, what else would you expect the club to do? Fantastic as the owners are, they have not invested in MCFC to lose money, a fact that we all know but sometimes choose to forget.

Stroll on, lovin' the dry humour...

People are defending the prices and admitting they'd gladly pay it... I just hope no-one important from the Club is reading this and making a case for the first £60 tickets.

Watching games on tele, or worse having to listen to the bloke on Radio Manchester with the shit accent, is proper shit! I don't enjoy watching games on tele at all!

I'm lucky in that I can afford £550 for a S/T.Less than £30 a game.£48 for a game v QPR is a joke,whether we are going for the title or not.What happens if we have no chance of winning the league? I put on here do fans get a refund? Maybe brought up on Points of Blue meeting? As for the club thinking this is the way forward with prices,I dont think we have fans who will replace fans who have extra disposable income.

SWSB said:
I'm lucky in that I can afford £550 for a S/T.Less than £30 a game.£48 for a game v QPR is a joke,whether we are going for the title or not.What happens if we have no chance of winning the league? I put on here do fans get a refund? Maybe brought up on Points of Blue meeting? As for the club thinking this is the way forward with prices,I dont think we have fans who will replace fans who have extra disposable income.

I dont think the club want to force the real fans out and thats why they keep season tickets low. I think they are trying to take advantage of the tourists and day trippers that now frequent matches. £48 is alot but most people paying that price will only be seeing a few matches a year, and works out cheaper than a season ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.