£5 Tickets

Re: £5 Tickets

The queues to get in last night were mental! Didn't get in till 10 mins into the game!
I also heard (from our postman at work) that anyone living in Beswick got offered tickets for a fiver. Which is all fine and dandy but the buggers all obviously turned up at 7.44pm! Grr!

they were dishing out letters to surrounding ares of the ground ie clayon beswick etc. offering £5 tickets to the ''locals'' i was told. i guess that living in new moston (3 miles away) is local enough for them tossers! it seems if you have a season ticket and go home and away, you are victimized by this so called family club! disgraceful!

Hang on, what's wrong with our club getting the local community involved. Incase you havent noticed our ground is surrounded by council estates, deprived area's and it's coming upto christmas..

For the club to do this is GREAT.

A small percentage will have been earmarked for this, and it got people interested in going who wouldnt have gone.

SouthStand211 said:
Hang on, what's wrong with our club getting the local community involved. Incase you havent noticed our ground is surrounded by council estates, deprived area's and it's coming upto christmas..

A small percentage will have been earmarked for this, and it got people interested in going who wouldnt have gone.

PaulPowerShower fully endorses this post

On a seperate note, why do you pay a booking fee if you book over the phone, but if you do it online you dont???

dukyblue said:
On a seperate note, why do you pay a booking fee if you book over the phone, but if you do it online you dont???

Phone bookings (option 1) are handled by an agency, the agency pockets the fee.

lancs blue said:
dukyblue said:

Phone bookings (option 1) are handled by an agency, the agency pockets the fee.

Thanks, much more helpful than "its not rocket science". I'm used to paying booking fees online for stuff like ticketmaster etc, so assumed it would be the same. Was pleasantly suprised.

SouthStand211 said:

Things like this go on all the time. How often have you sat on a plane and the person next to you has spent half you have? Or by the pool the person next to you paid £1000 less for the holiday? Or on a bus the pensioner next to you has paid nothing? Or that TV you bought in Currys is now half price? The list of examples is endless.

I agree it's a good touch to give some families you describe a cheap night. £6 for Dad and son to watch a Premier League team is a bargain. We've had Hamburg at a fiver before and I'm sure it'll happen again.

Scunthorpe would not have agreed to a fiver for all, and I'm sure City would have suggested it, but I'm sure would have endorsed the initiative to fill more seats in this way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.