£50,000 mysteriously appears in your bank account

stony said:
tidyman said:
stony said:
She's a thief, and it's not even as though she needed the money. She spent it on designer clothes and shoes.
Lock the woman up.

Nobody is disputing she is a thief.

That's not the question.

Out of all the people I know, I can think of maybe two who might not keep it.

Probably the best thing to do, assuming you're going to keep it, would be to leave it untouched for a while. Then if it is detected, you won't have broken the law.

I personally would draw the lot out at the earliest opportunity and deal with any consequences later.

I certainly wouldn't keep it. No one in my immediate family would keep it either.
When I came originally fell ill and came out of work, I was on incap benefit. I was still on it 4 years later, but technically still employed by my previous employer. After 4 years they rang me up and asked what the chances of me coming back were and if I wasn't coming back could they finish me. I told them the truth and we parted on good terms.
A week later I checked my bank and found they had paid me 4 weeks holiday pay. I rang them up and they said it was what they owed me.
Now after living on benefits for 4 years, this was a tidy fucking sum of money. The second phone call I made was to the benefit office to inform them of my windfall.
They were a little shocked, and the woman expressed her surprise that I was being honest, but said the money didn't affect my claim.

I'm honest, it's the way I've been brought up and I've brought my kids up the same way.

Fair play to you.

We obviously move in different circles.

A similar error happened with me years ago and the situation very quickly became very messy indeed.

Should this happen to you, my advice is to leave the money exactly where it was deposited and to seek a resolution as soon as possible.

The people depositing money into my account had zero business having my account details and they knew it. They still tried to bankrupt me to save face, causing a shitload of stress. Long story short, we did a deal whereby they'd been extremely stupid, the remaining funds were repaid and no more was said.

I can see the temptation but you would have to report it. At the end of the day the council ballsed up though and I'm not sure if I would get away with the same mistake.

johnny on the spot said:
A similar error happened with me years ago and the situation very quickly became very messy indeed.

Should this happen to you, my advice is to leave the money exactly where it was deposited and to seek a resolution as soon as possible.

The people depositing money into my account had zero business having my account details and they knew it. They still tried to bankrupt me to save face, causing a shitload of stress. Long story short, we did a deal whereby they'd been extremely stupid, the remaining funds were repaid and no more was said.

Sounds nightmarish.

I'd have withdrawn the fucking lot into big fuck off aldi carrier bags and swaggered home like the cat that got the cream.

Be honest? Yeah, ok. Like the big boys are.

Should have took the money and run JOTS

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
johnny on the spot said:

Sounds nightmarish.

I'd have withdrawn the fucking lot into big fuck off aldi carrier bags and swaggered home like the cat that got the cream.

Be honest? Yeah, ok. Like the big boys are.

Should have took the money and run JOTS

If I'd have been sensible, or if it had happened a second time, I'd have boarded a plane and laughed my balls off. They know they got off very lightly.

tidyman said:
stony said:
found they had paid me 4 weeks holiday pay. I rang them up and they said it was what they owed me.
Now after living on benefits for 4 years, this was a tidy fucking sum of money. The second phone call I made was to the benefit office to inform them of my windfall.
They were a little shocked, and the woman expressed her surprise that I was being honest, but said the money didn't affect my claim.

I'm honest, it's the way I've been brought up and I've brought my kids up the same way.

Fair play to you.

We obviously move in different circles.
I'm of the inclination the fat lazy **** at the dole couldn't be arsed to piss about with Stonys claim and he got lucky that day. Some of them are real nazis and could have waved all the forms at him but, hey! It's Thursday and that means Jaffa cake day.

There was no reward in being honest in that situation except for encountering a less than vigilant DSS stormtrooper.

"the woman expressed her surprise"

She just wanted you off the phone so she could lick the wotsits dust off her fingers, I've seen them fuckers in the dole, terrible people imo

I received a £3000 tax rebate a couple of years ago which i knew couldnt be right, (they hadny counted my company car & other benefits) Even a mate of mine who worked at the tax office told me to buy some premium bonds and sit on it as the tax office are in turmoil. I must admit to bottling it and sending it back.
While in Spain once i called in a bank to change £100 into Euro's. While stood waiting the teller was putting money into a cash counter and they asked me to wait while they changed it to higher denomination notes. next thing im taken aside and given £1000 in euros. I was going home the next day and thought feck it but the Mrs was having none of it and confessed to the error. Looking back im glad we did as the teller may have got the sack.

I'd take it and dissapear for a few years, maybe permanently, £50k is more than enough to set yourself up overseas somewhere, could probably even buy Greece.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.