£50,000 mysteriously appears in your bank account

I would now and in a certain case opened up a separate bank account and just sit on it. I was owed a large sum of money from a multi national car dealership years ago and if it wasn't for an understanding bank manager would have gone under.They finally paid and 6 months later paid the exact amount again,hence the bank account.I sat on it for over a year and nothing happened so I used it.For a second I thought about the poor accounts clerk who maybe got the bullet for the error but fuck 'em,maybe that same accounts clerk was the twat who nearly took me under and cost one of the guys working for me his job. It's horses for courses I suppose.

the only time i have been faced with anything like this was 25 years ago.
I worked for the council in the summer between school and University.
My Dad was also working for the council.
we have the same initials, lived at the same address

about 2 years after I stopped working for the council, my dad didnt get paid by the council for about three months and not surprisingly he complained. The council said they had paid, it went to arbitration (god love the unions, for both the help with the complaint and financial support over the three months), he could proved he never got the money, so they paid him.

About a year after that I finish uni and am sorting out my finances (which were a mess) as I had then found a job and go to pay off the overdraft on an account I hadnt used for 18 months as I was at my overdraft limit (I know students and multiple bank accounts are bad). I find that the overdraft is a lot less than i was expecting. Turns out that my Dads missing wages had been paid into my account.

I have to admit I just stayed quiet, paid off the rest of the overdraft and closed the account

I remember a Royal Marine turning up at Drake main gate wanting to see one of the shiny arses as they had fucked his pay up (due to a new system being implemented) Being Writers they didn't work weekends so I offered to open the safe and give him an emergency payment to be paid back on the Monday.

However he didn't need it - They'd paid him £320,000 instead of his normal £2300.

tidyman said:
Gelsons Dad said:
It didn't mysteriously appear. The bank knows where it came from and so would she if she cared.

There is no moral dilemma either. Just a choice, break the law or don't.

Well if 50K popped up as my balance when I checked, I would describe it as mystery.

And all this stuff ( not by you ) about, what if it was some poor old grannies or a disabled single mum, is just bullshit. If the bank mistakenly transferred your money to someone else, they would refund it, irrespective of whether they recovered it or not. Although I've never actually heard of this happening.

No one is saying, they wouldn't know if it was illegal or not. Everyone's knows it is. Doesn't mean it can't be described as a dilemma though.

Well if 50K popped up as my balance when I checked, I would describe it as mystery.
==============
If it was my bank account I'd describe is a miracle...

I'd transfer the whole lot to H.I. savings then when they came after me I'd give it back and keep the interest, that's what the banks would do.

By keeping it you have to acept you have a 99% chanceof being caught .you then have to acept you will get a criminal conviction ,you may or may not get prison .you wil get a compansation order against or a proceed of crime aplication (if no money left they will take any possesions) i fyou are happy to deal with all that shit well good luck to you

I feel guilty picking up 5p near vending machines so I'd be useless here.

Timmmmahhhh said:
I'd take it and dissapear for a few years, maybe permanently, £50k is more than enough to set yourself up overseas somewhere, could probably even buy Greece.

You could get loads of copies - the DVD must only be about £3 in Tesco.

StrangewaysHereWeCome said:
tidyman said:
stony said:
found they had paid me 4 weeks holiday pay. I rang them up and they said it was what they owed me.
Now after living on benefits for 4 years, this was a tidy fucking sum of money. The second phone call I made was to the benefit office to inform them of my windfall.
They were a little shocked, and the woman expressed her surprise that I was being honest, but said the money didn't affect my claim.

I'm honest, it's the way I've been brought up and I've brought my kids up the same way.

Fair play to you.

We obviously move in different circles.
I'm of the inclination the fat lazy **** at the dole couldn't be arsed to piss about with Stonys claim and he got lucky that day. Some of them are real nazis and could have waved all the forms at him but, hey! It's Thursday and that means Jaffa cake day.

There was no reward in being honest in that situation except for encountering a less than vigilant DSS stormtrooper.

"the woman expressed her surprise"

She just wanted you off the phone so she could lick the wotsits dust off her fingers, I've seen them fuckers in the dole, terrible people imo

Either that or a member of staff that knew that IB is not a means tested benefit and gave him the correct advice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.