£50,000 mysteriously appears in your bank account

I had something similar happen to me years ago. I made a purchase of a computer for a friend of mine that didn't have a credit card. The computer arrived and was in about a thousand pieces. It wasn't hurt by shipping, the bastards just threw parts in the box with no packing material. Anyway, I contested the bill. Then the company sent a new computer, I called and released the payment. But it never came. Was like $1200. I paid the company and they held the $1200 balance on my card for 3 years. I called every month for the first year and every 6 months after trying to get them to make it straight. On the third year I was told they couldn't fix it if they wanted to as all the records were gone. Don't get me wrong, I've never had enough money that $1200 couldn't make a difference. I didn't want them to fix it, but I wasn't willing to not pay what I owed. After I was told that, I just cancelled the card altogether and they sent me a check for $1200 that was active in the account. And yes, I did cash it.

So I would like to think that I would do the right thing. I don't think anybody really knows how they would react until it happens. Perhaps if the sum was a lot more it would change how willing to go out on a limb someone might get.

Debited by Liverpool FC, complete the name of the referee .......

Tourist since 1971 said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
I'd take it and dissapear for a few years, maybe permanently, £50k is more than enough to set yourself up overseas somewhere, could probably even buy Greece.

You could get loads of copies - the DVD must only be about £3 in Tesco.

Haha, very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.