£555 per week on benefits...jesus

I agree with many that have posted, in that the benefit system is flawed, and it's in need of an overall. I'm all for stopping "scroungers" that goes without saying, especially those that haven't even paid a penny in N.I contributions. It must be said though, that all those who claim benefits are not scroungers, and as previously mentioned it is wrong to tar everyone with the same brush. There are some genuinely needy people out there. For example people who have cancer and are undergoing Chemotherapy. I was brought up on tales of how during the "Great Depression" of the 1930's, my Grand Dad to make ends meet, used to catch cat's, kill em, top,tail and skin em, and then sell them to butchers shops as "Rabbits". So part of me agrees fully with what is being said, however part of me sheds a genuine tear of sympathy for those who are less fortunate than me, and who find themselves on the lowest spoke of fortunes wheel.

Meddler said:
Cba to do anymore, there is another one about the nationalities of the German squad, just pointing out that some have Turkish or Brazilian names / backgrounds etc, this would probably be the one jumped on and turned into the racist.

So today they will be running a "story" about the upbringing of Peiterson, Keiswater and Eoin Morgan who are currently playing cricket for England?
No thought not, typical of the scaremongering tripe that the daily snail trots out on almost every issue.
With regard to the OP there are too many people milking the welfare system at the minute and has been said the benefits system is designed as a safety net, not a lifestyle choice that too many are now using it, but there are a great many that for a variety of reasons rely on it to keep a roof over their heads and food on their table, but while much is made of those that steal off the state by benefits, how much is made of those that deprive the nation by "creative" accounting in their tax returns?
At the last research I read TEN TIMES more is lost to the public purse from tax evasion and tax avoision than in benefit fraud, when are the condem's going to tackle this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.