£60 for Villa at home

CtidBlueMooner said:
Yet another misleading scare tactic look at me title from an OP. You can get tickets for £47 for villa game and even less in family stand.
Never let the facts get in the way of a good headline eh?

Fact remains what was £34 ish is now £58.

Anyone just doen that Cityvoice survey where they are talking about a ticket for the last 3 games at £160 or something?

CTID1988 said:
You can go and watch a once in a lifetime gig for £40, so for a footy game it takes the piss
Who would this once in a lifetime experience be for £40 ?

We live in a free market, supply and demand determines prices, fair enough in theory

But your lapsed blue who's got a young family, a mortgage to pay for and fancies taking his lad to a game like his dad once took him might balk at paying £100 for the pleasure. Not a problem our new bourgeois fans have.

I am sick and tired of seeing ABC1 types at Eastlands, dressed up like they're on a date, taking selfies or otherwise pissing about on their phone all game.

"WE NEED TO BE SELF SUSTAINING" scream the no doubt sensible replies to my flawed argument. But do we really ? In terms of matchday revenue how much more income do we get per game by filling the ground with well to do entertainment seekers rather than genuine city fans ? 30 minutes worth of oil from one of the Sheikh's wells ? We're probably still paying that **** Adebayor more money per year than these new fans bring in.

I know I'm wrong really and a luddite in this respect but for me every time a thread like this appears it's another nail in the coffin of the City we used to be. Unsuccessful, infuriating City maybe. But our City.

Santiago Street . said:
We live in a free market, supply and demand determines prices, fair enough in theory

But your lapsed blue who's got a young family, a mortgage to pay for and fancies taking his lad to a game like his dad once took him might balk at paying £100 for the pleasure. Not a problem our new bourgeois fans have.

I am sick and tired of seeing ABC1 types at Eastlands, dressed up like they're on a date, taking selfies or otherwise pissing about on their phone all game.

"WE NEED TO BE SELF SUSTAINING" scream the no doubt sensible replies to my flawed argument. But do we really ? In terms of matchday revenue how much more income do we get per game by filling the ground with well to do entertainment seekers rather than genuine city fans ? 30 minutes worth of oil from one of the Sheikh's wells ? We're probably still paying that **** Adebayor more money per year than these new fans bring in.

I know I'm wrong really and a luddite in this respect but for me every time a thread like this appears it's another nail in the coffin of the City we used to be. Unsuccessful, infuriating City maybe. But our City.

I agree take me back to the old days, watching shite football and being the laughing stock.

chris85mcfc said:
Santiago Street . said:

I agree take me back to the old days, watching shite football and being the laughing stock.

It would be a valid point but prices are sky high across the board in football. We may pay a slight premium for certain games but still competitively priced. We could be playing similar to watch shit football and shit players

What about if it all goes tits up and there's nothing to play for against Villa?

LoveCity said:
What about if it all goes tits up and there's nothing to play for against Villa?

Then I imagine these people that were thinking of going won't be going anymore

chris85mcfc said:
LoveCity said:

I think the point is that it may go tits up after you've bought your ticket

mansour's tow ropes said:
chris85mcfc said:
LoveCity said:

I think the point is that it may go tits up after you've bought your ticket

Well that's just tough then isn't it really

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.