£7.50 a gallon

law74 said:
Phill said:
I got rid of my car 4 years ago......... just wasn't using it enough to justify tax, insurance and repairs (nevermind petrol).
So have a bus pass and yes First Bus in north Manchester is a shit service, it gets me to and from work / Asda for shopping way, way more cheaply than the car did.

Thats fine for those lucky enough to live on a bus route, and a route that can take you to your work, but many people dont have that luxury, I have been in employment for 24 years now and have never had a job that I could get to by public transport, and now am an essential car user, so I have no choice but to pay what they demand (and as I am employed by the government, I am still getting expences at the same rate as when diesel was 70p a litre).
What a lot seem to forget when talking about the price of petrol or deisel is that EVERYTHING we buy goe sup in price accodingly, ast the lorries that bring our goods from the farm to the warehouse and on to the shops all need fuel to make them go.
The way things are going it is going to increase inflation, then the Bank of England will have to increase interest rates, leading to either rising wages (and a spiraling rate of inflation), or wages remaining low and many many people notbeing able to keep a roof over their heads.
Expect rates to go up tomorrow lunch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.