£72 million over 6 years?

bluecityste said:
On the face of it seems like a worryingly low figure compared to other teams, espeicially considering that Liverpool have not and will (more likely than not) not be in the Champions league in the recent past and future.

Tottenham get more than us, and we are already a much larger 'brand' than they are.

We are a long way from selling the amount of shirts Liverpool do..and this is all about selling shirts, winning cups or having a better team means nothing for a company like Nike, selling shirts does.

Liverpool's deal with warrior gives a rather miss-leading overview of the top clubs deals because of John Henry's links in Boston. Its the only way they can boost their income - their sponsorship deals are only heading downwards in the future.

Does anyone have any idea about shirt deals and sponsors for NYCFC and if we will benefit from these?

Some people have got to realise that we are well behind Arsenal and Liverpool in the global scale of things. Clearly, we are doing our best to catch up but it takes time.....great strides have been made and a lot will depend on how we do in the next few years. Another Premier League title or some good runs in the Champions League will really boost our profile world wide.

br62 said:
Some people have got to realise that we are well behind Arsenal and Liverpool in the global scale of things. Clearly, we are doing our best to catch up but it takes time.....great strides have been made and a lot will depend on how we do in the next few years. Another Premier League title or some good runs in the Champions League will really boost our profile world wide.
It was noticeable from the posts on this forum and from the atmosphere this season at the Etihad - just from us winning the FA Cup and Premier League - that a lot of our fanbase's view of how big a club and name Manchester City Football Club is wholly unrealistic. Fans' expectations of what we 'should be' doing or how much they feel they 'should be' entertained or how many goals or points they demand to see were too high.

We're ever growing but growing from being a very average club. We've won trophies but not established ourselves as anything, yet. We've barely played in Europe much, clubs like CFR Cluj have a bigger CL pedigree than we do. Worldwide our income is ever growing but compared to the likes of Arsenal we're miles behind, for now.

We are not a huge name yet in the football world. We're getting there slowly, but it will take time, just like everything else has done.

I've said this a few times but I reckon we're at about the level Deportivo La Caruña or Wolfsburg were at the time they were winning their respective league's titles. That's where we are as a club, for me, for now. Yet some think we're at Madrid or München's level already.

Caveman said:
br62 said:
It was noticeable from the posts on this forum and from the atmosphere this season at the Etihad - just from us winning the FA Cup and Premier League - that a lot of our fanbase's view of how big a club and name Manchester City Football Club is wholly unrealistic. Fans' expectations of what we 'should be' doing or how much they feel they 'should be' entertained or how many goals or points they demand to see were too high.

We're ever growing but growing from being a very average club. We've won trophies but not established ourselves as anything, yet. We've barely played in Europe much, clubs like CFR Cluj have a bigger CL pedigree than we do. Worldwide our income is ever growing but compared to the likes of Arsenal we're miles behind, for now.

We are not a huge name yet in the football world. We're getting there slowly, but it will take time, just like everything else has done.

I've said this a few times but I reckon we're at about the level Deportivo La Caruña or Wolfsburg were at the time they were winning their respective league's titles. That's where we are as a club, for me, for now. Yet some think we're at Madrid or München's level already.
We're not miles behind Arsenal in any sense.

Its a shocking deal, but a deal we signed happily think we are using nike to break into the states and get us into any country with a nike store and if our profile continues to rise as it has over the last 6-7 years then when we sit down at the table again we will be in a much stronger position. Think this was more about distribution and the future then us getting the most money now.

The top two best-selling shirt clubs have been shipping approx. 1.5 million tops a year for quite some time now, so potentially there are very good returns for the manufacturer, together with all the other brand interest / media exposure that ties in with the deal.

dachoosen1 said:
Its a shocking deal, but a deal we signed happily think we are using nike to break into the states and get us into any country with a nike store and if our profile continues to rise as it has over the last 6-7 years then when we sit down at the table again we will be in a much stronger position. Think this was more about distribution and the future then us getting the most money now.
I believe this is the great plus. Our kits were only available in a single chain in some countries. Now potentially we could be everywhere. Even bargain baskets could do wonders for us.

Marvin said:
Caveman said:
br62 said:

We're not miles behind Arsenal in any sense.

Miles and miles when it come to global fan base. Only madrid, barcelona and rags have more fans globally than arsenal. they are everywhere.

Anyway, i still think it's not a best deal but I'm sure there is something around that we don't know. It might be connected with some deals with NYCFC, some player sponsorship etc, etc..

What happened yesterday showed us that there is always something that we don't know and that it's usually very, very good stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.