£72 million over 6 years?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Nascent Blues, 22 May 2013.

1. S04

S04

Logistics...and it´s as boring as it sounds.
    Shirt sales?

2. BlueSiam

BlueSiam

I usually agree with your posts Marvin, but have to disagree here big man.

I live in SE Asia, as one may have guessed. Given the attention focussed here by the bigger clubs, I have to assume this part of the world represents a fanbase worth tapping into.
    I see Arsenal, Rag, Chelski and Liverpool shirts everywhere, though many are undoubtedly fakes!. Thaksin's brief PR soiree with City has inspired more City fans in Thailand, but in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.etc. when these other teams come to town they generate far more excitement than City have in the recent past. Local TV networks hold major events when the various 'Reds' are playing and they are New Year's Eve level!!!

This will change as a new generation of fans grow up with City as a Premier League power. Our era is on the way!

3. GazM

GazM

No, that would be David Cameron.

4. john@staustell

john@staustell

Judging by the 2 clubs' revenue figures for year end May 2012 all those Arsenal fans aren't buying much, as we're almost neck and neck with them already.

5. Danny Hoekman

Danny Hoekman

We don't sell more as we're much cooler than that lot who feel the need to wear ill fitting, overpriced polyester tat.

6. john@staustell

john@staustell

Surely this is nonsense?

The 12M or whatever is for the goodness of promoting Nike brand as a top club with millions of fans (or so). Shirts, scarves, hats, dildos and everything else are then done on a wholesale supplier basis, where the club gets shirts at a certain price and sells them on higher and this contributes to our commercial revenue.

That's how retail works.

7. St Helens Blue (Exiled)

St Helens Blue (Exiled)

12 mill per season for the kit....

Etihad....30 million per yer for the academy/new training complex

If reports are to be reported.....££££££ for a new shirt deal...

It's all good IMO

8. BoyBlue_1985

BoyBlue_1985

Electrician
    When Nike help fund a deal for a superstar we will all be happy enough

9. It's not really a new deal though is it ? It's just the 10 year Umbro deal we signed 4 years ago being moved by the heads at Nike (who own/ed umbro) over to Nike from Umbro as they are selling Umbro off.

So those thinking the numbers are a bit short would be right, as they are four years out of date.

Not an expert though but that's what I understand this to be.

10. Marvin

Marvin

Yes, that's what I was refering to. City's annual a/cs for end of 2011/12 season showed that we had broken £200m revenue for the first time. Level with Arsenal