£72 million over 6 years?

There has been no announcement what the deal is worth.

It's a speculative figure plucked out of thin air by a couple of journos which subsequently has become gospel.

We will only know the true figures when the next set of accounts are published.

The £12m figure is not much more than we had been receiving from Umbro.

Same with the Etihad deal, nobody has a definitive figure what the figures amount to.

Some say £400m and £40m a year, others suggest less. Those who have it at the higher end of the scale, the only motive, to cause tension towards FFPR and UEFA.

zeven said:
No, not at all when you look at Arsenal,Liverpool,united kit deals, close to 30 million

Might have already been said but they have a far far larger fan base than us so companies can pay more for the shirt deals.

Its not like sponsorship, they are buying the rights to make the shirts and there needs to be the demand globably for those shirts for them to make the money back.

Phuket Blue said:
Marvin said:
Caveman said:
It was noticeable from the posts on this forum and from the atmosphere this season at the Etihad - just from us winning the FA Cup and Premier League - that a lot of our fanbase's view of how big a club and name Manchester City Football Club is wholly unrealistic. Fans' expectations of what we 'should be' doing or how much they feel they 'should be' entertained or how many goals or points they demand to see were too high.

We're ever growing but growing from being a very average club. We've won trophies but not established ourselves as anything, yet. We've barely played in Europe much, clubs like CFR Cluj have a bigger CL pedigree than we do. Worldwide our income is ever growing but compared to the likes of Arsenal we're miles behind, for now.

We are not a huge name yet in the football world. We're getting there slowly, but it will take time, just like everything else has done.

I've said this a few times but I reckon we're at about the level Deportivo La Caruña or Wolfsburg were at the time they were winning their respective league's titles. That's where we are as a club, for me, for now. Yet some think we're at Madrid or München's level already.
We're not miles behind Arsenal in any sense.

I usually agree with your posts Marvin, but have to disagree here big man.

I live in SE Asia, as one may have guessed. Given the attention focussed here by the bigger clubs, I have to assume this part of the world represents a fanbase worth tapping into.
I see Arsenal, Rag, Chelski and Liverpool shirts everywhere, though many are undoubtedly fakes!. Thaksin's brief PR soiree with City has inspired more City fans in Thailand, but in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.etc. when these other teams come to town they generate far more excitement than City have in the recent past. Local TV networks hold major events when the various 'Reds' are playing and they are New Year's Eve level!!!

This will change as a new generation of fans grow up with City as a Premier League power. Our era is on the way!

I think that's why at the moment City are concentrating on cracking the US market as the sport expands over there. Lots of reasons to be the biggest club there with disposable income.
Im not 100% sure about this but it was mentioned that we will struggle because our kit is blue as red is seen as lucky in Asia

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I assume this is in addition to the Eithiad sponsorship deal which I thought initially included shirt sponsorship.

yeah its an addition, its not an actual sponsorship thing, they have bought the rights to make and sell the shirts.

If I have heard correctly, if you buy a City shirt from anywhere other than a City store we dont get any profits from it, Nike have bought the right to make and sell the shirts around the world, the 12m a year is to make up for us not getting a % of each shirt sold.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Phuket Blue said:
Marvin said:
We're not miles behind Arsenal in any sense.

I usually agree with your posts Marvin, but have to disagree here big man.

I live in SE Asia, as one may have guessed. Given the attention focussed here by the bigger clubs, I have to assume this part of the world represents a fanbase worth tapping into.
I see Arsenal, Rag, Chelski and Liverpool shirts everywhere, though many are undoubtedly fakes!. Thaksin's brief PR soiree with City has inspired more City fans in Thailand, but in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.etc. when these other teams come to town they generate far more excitement than City have in the recent past. Local TV networks hold major events when the various 'Reds' are playing and they are New Year's Eve level!!!

This will change as a new generation of fans grow up with City as a Premier League power. Our era is on the way!

I think that's why at the moment City are concentrating on cracking the US market as the sport expands over there. Lots of reasons to be the biggest club there with disposable income.
Im not 100% sure about this but it was mentioned that we will struggle because our kit is blue as red is seen as lucky in Asia
Its the red and black away kit then for the asian market.

Haha, if you don't log in and scroll through these pages you get an ad coming up for the £72m Euromillions jackpot tomorrow! We can win our shirt deal this weekend! It's a sign!

bluecityste said:
On the face of it seems like a worryingly low figure compared to other teams, espeicially considering that Liverpool have not and will (more likely than not) not be in the Champions league in the recent past and future.

Tottenham get more than us, and we are already a much larger 'brand' than they are.

Liverpool are my outside bet for champs league next season. I think people are underestimating what Rodgers is building there. Read a report somewhere that if shots against the post were goals they would've qualified this year. As for spurs a large waiting list for season tickets suggest they are not far behind us.

TonyM said:
dachoosen1 said:
Its a shocking deal, but a deal we signed happily think we are using nike to break into the states and get us into any country with a nike store and if our profile continues to rise as it has over the last 6-7 years then when we sit down at the table again we will be in a much stronger position. Think this was more about distribution and the future then us getting the most money now.
I believe this is the great plus. Our kits were only available in a single chain in some countries. Now potentially we could be everywhere. Even bargain baskets could do wonders for us.

Totally agree. You can't find any City merch here in the states as it is. With Nike behind us it will greatly improve our global appeal world wide. A smaller upfront fee but guarantees the club the use of the global marketing machine that is Nike.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.