£72 million over 6 years?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Nascent Blues, 22 May 2013.

1. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

There has been no announcement what the deal is worth.

It's a speculative figure plucked out of thin air by a couple of journos which subsequently has become gospel.

We will only know the true figures when the next set of accounts are published.

The £12m figure is not much more than we had been receiving from Umbro.

Same with the Etihad deal, nobody has a definitive figure what the figures amount to.

Some say £400m and £40m a year, others suggest less. Those who have it at the higher end of the scale, the only motive, to cause tension towards FFPR and UEFA.

2. grunge

grunge

Might have already been said but they have a far far larger fan base than us so companies can pay more for the shirt deals.

Its not like sponsorship, they are buying the rights to make the shirts and there needs to be the demand globably for those shirts for them to make the money back.

3. BoyBlue_1985

BoyBlue_1985

Electrician
    I think that's why at the moment City are concentrating on cracking the US market as the sport expands over there. Lots of reasons to be the biggest club there with disposable income.
    Im not 100% sure about this but it was mentioned that we will struggle because our kit is blue as red is seen as lucky in Asia

4. I assume this is in addition to the Eithiad sponsorship deal which I thought initially included shirt sponsorship.

5. grunge

grunge

yeah its an addition, its not an actual sponsorship thing, they have bought the rights to make and sell the shirts.

If I have heard correctly, if you buy a City shirt from anywhere other than a City store we dont get any profits from it, Nike have bought the right to make and sell the shirts around the world, the 12m a year is to make up for us not getting a % of each shirt sold.

6. Plain Speaking

Plain Speaking

Its the red and black away kit then for the asian market.

7. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

Haha, if you don't log in and scroll through these pages you get an ad coming up for the £72m Euromillions jackpot tomorrow! We can win our shirt deal this weekend! It's a sign!

8. citymad

citymad

Liverpool are my outside bet for champs league next season. I think people are underestimating what Rodgers is building there. Read a report somewhere that if shots against the post were goals they would've qualified this year. As for spurs a large waiting list for season tickets suggest they are not far behind us.

9. Mr. Aguia

Mr. Aguia

Totally agree. You can't find any City merch here in the states as it is. With Nike behind us it will greatly improve our global appeal world wide. A smaller upfront fee but guarantees the club the use of the global marketing machine that is Nike.

10. Prestwich_Blue

Prestwich_Blue

I thought the Nike deal was a lot more than that. I'm sure they were talking about it being worth an extra £20m a year to us when it was agreed.