£750 fine and 6 points

whp.blue

This week I went to court and had a fine of £750 and six points for failing to name a driver overturned.
This case must have cost the CPS at least £1k and the only evidence they offered was that they sent out three letters. This was an absolute farce the prosecution reeled off a line that one letter could go missing two was very unlikely and it was almost impossible for three to go missing.
They really didn't like it when I pointed out that after a lifetime in logistics if one could go missing then it was in fact just as likely that more than one could.
The other nice irony was that when I won this case they could no longer prosecute me for the original speeding offence that they actually have proof for.
More people should contest these sort of motoring offences as their cases are normally very weak.

So as a result of your good fortune it must mean that these letters will now have to be sent "sign-for"? I'm amazed that's not the case already.

So as a result of your good fortune it must mean that these letters will now have to be sent "sign-for"? I'm amazed that's not the case already.

I said that in court If a person is found guilty the cost could just be added to the fine
Proof of posting is no longer proof of delivery However unless you go to court and contest it it would appear as in my case you will be found guilty based on this and only this.
I really enjoyed the case however I was slightly dismayed at the incompetence of the CPS prosecutor
In the last twelve months I have won two cases which resulted in a large parking fine and this case being dismissed and on both occasions I won because the CPS used a very formulaic approach that was based upon poor legal argument.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.