£85m for Aguero

charliebigspuds

Why is it when our signings are reported the fee always includes wages, bonuses, how much his boots cost....everything. When the rags buy its always something like Young to Rags £18m, but yet its Aguero to City in a deal worth £85m.

Am I just being pedantic again?

Spot on. I'd love someone to post exactly how much Rooney cost with wages. Or even better still, how much did Jones cost when his contract is taken into account (or that tramp they signed from Portugal last season - I can't even remember his name)?

They do seem a "little" obsessed with the money, only problem for me is this comes from somewhere like talkshite and then gets repeated ad nauseam on rawk and the such until people believe that was the "fee" paid, leading to he regurgitated bollocks of his buy-out was only £x, FFP will feck 'em, can't buy a title (until we do then it's well for that money you should), makes x player look value for money blah blah fecking blah.

We have made a statement by paying players the highest wages the PL has ever seen. Now before the FA Cup win we had been barren in the trophy stakes, yet we still paid those wages to players, (like Ade), who really didn't deserve it in all honesty. Remember when Fulham started spunking relative fortunes on players and wages when they were in the 3rd division under Keegan? Well that is what the press reported on, because its all there was. Same with us, we came from relative obscurity and started paying out hundreds of thousands of pounds per week to individuals who weren't worth that outlay, again relatively speaking. It's slightly different now because we are in a position on the field to attract the best players rather than just show them money. The press will always report on our wage outlay though, because that is all we had to offer players when this 'project' began. As for Uniteds wages never being stated, well I remembered this article from last year when Rooney was throwing his toys out of the pram. Take a look.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nited-paid-50m-Wayne-Rooney-win-cost-pea.html

That is £50m just on wages alone.

It won't ever stop for us, they will always report the outlay on both the fee and wages, because that's what we used in the first instance to attract the best players we could attract in the beginning, wages.

Do what I do, read it, chuckle then take a long hard stare at the names on the squad list on the OS because no matter what they may report on us, and no matter what jealous, bitter fans may say - nothing will change the fact those players are here for US to enjoy.

Do what I do, read it, chuckle then take a long hard stare at the names on the squad list on the OS because no matter what they may report on us, and no matter what jealous, bitter fans may say - nothing will change the fact those players are here for US to enjoy.[/quote]

well said

It's actually more than that. It's £85 million plus £20 because after he'd had his medical, we paid for his dinner.

I've got the Sky Sports mobile ap on my phone, was away from TV and net yesterday so was using it to keep up to date.

Last night they wrote that his contact is £200,000 a week. This morning on the revised article, it had been increased to £230,000 a week. That's a pretty hefty increase in one day!

Astuteboy said:
I've got the Sky Sports mobile ap on my phone, was away from TV and net yesterday so was using it to keep up to date.

Last night they wrote that his contact is £200,000 a week. This morning on the revised article, it had been increased to £230,000 a week. That's a pretty hefty increase in one day!

And by Tuesday next week it will be £2 Billion an hour and he gets to keep the stadium when he leaves + £150,000 a pass, £200,000 a goal and he will even get a brand new gold bar everytime he turns up for training

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.