¿Habla usted español

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by geoffchall, 24 May 2013.

1. IOWBlue

IOWBlue

Who, Edwin Dzeko?

2. dom

dom

Indeed .. the welsh settlement in Patagonia.. who's main port is Porth Madryn(the 'port of the fox' in welsh )

The province is known in welsh as Y Wladfa (difficult to translate but 'home from home ' might capture the spirit)

Welsh speaking argentinians are regulars back in Wales at the National Eisteddfod ( the national music and arts , gathering of the tribes and general piss-up !!)

3. MCFC97

MCFC97

When we referee in different countries we are taught the swears that players use so we know how to detect them.

4. Balti

Balti

also doris the tealady can't speakez the spanish lingo

doris out!

5. fablue

fablue

Actually Madryn is named not after a fox, but after the Baronet of Madryn,
    i.e. this guy: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Love_Jones-Parry,_1st_Baronet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Love_J ... st_Baronet</a>

Most of the largest Welsh towns in the province of Chubut are named after people, like Trelew (Lew=Lewis, after Lewis Jones), Madryn, Rawson (which wasn't Welsh).
    Of the largest towns only Trevelin is named after the first mill.
    Smaller villages do have names not related to people: Dolavon, Bryn Gwyn, etc.

The Welsh also gave indian names to many other of their settlements (now towns), like Gaiman, Esquel.

6. Jimmy Wheel

Jimmy Wheel

Fuck the lingo..... hace ellos rastrear espalda ?

7. Kippaxgirl

Kippaxgirl

Retired
    With respect to our native Spanish speakers, I am always amazed that Tevez in particular is always interviewed in Spanish in view of the fact that he has been in England for many years.

8. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    I don't think it's that amazing really. I'm sure he can speak some English but doesn't want to go on TV with it. Also, much as he's great on the pitch, i don't think he's the brightest chap, there's plenty of Spanish speaking footballers around, and if he needs anything personal arranged i'm sure the club have folk who would do that for him, so i'm not that surprised if he's not fluent.