¿Habla usted español

EricBrooksGhost said:
SINCS said:
Si hablo espanol! Plus first post.

FWIW Their Spanish is reputed to be among the nicest to listen to, possibly for
Italian inflections in Argentinian Spanish.
Don't forget the Welsh influence

Who, Edwin Dzeko?

EricBrooksGhost said:
SINCS said:
Si hablo espanol! Plus first post.

FWIW Their Spanish is reputed to be among the nicest to listen to, possibly for
Italian inflections in Argentinian Spanish.
Don't forget the Welsh influence

Indeed .. the welsh settlement in Patagonia.. who's main port is Porth Madryn(the 'port of the fox' in welsh )

The province is known in welsh as Y Wladfa (difficult to translate but 'home from home ' might capture the spirit)

Welsh speaking argentinians are regulars back in Wales at the National Eisteddfod ( the national music and arts , gathering of the tribes and general piss-up !!)

bellbuzzer said:
what language do ref's use? how do they detect "foul and abusive" or worse "racist" language when the teams nowadays contain so many different nationalities.?
When we referee in different countries we are taught the swears that players use so we know how to detect them.

dom said:
Indeed .. the welsh settlement in Patagonia.. who's main port is Porth Madryn(the 'port of the fox' in welsh )

The province is known in welsh as Y Wladfa (difficult to translate but 'home from home ' might capture the spirit)

Welsh speaking argentinians are regulars back in Wales at the National Eisteddfod ( the national music and arts , gathering of the tribes and general piss-up !!)

Actually Madryn is named not after a fox, but after the Baronet of Madryn,
i.e. this guy: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Love_Jones-Parry,_1st_Baronet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Love_J ... st_Baronet</a>

Most of the largest Welsh towns in the province of Chubut are named after people, like Trelew (Lew=Lewis, after Lewis Jones), Madryn, Rawson (which wasn't Welsh).
Of the largest towns only Trevelin is named after the first mill.
Smaller villages do have names not related to people: Dolavon, Bryn Gwyn, etc.

The Welsh also gave indian names to many other of their settlements (now towns), like Gaiman, Esquel.

With respect to our native Spanish speakers, I am always amazed that Tevez in particular is always interviewed in Spanish in view of the fact that he has been in England for many years.

Kippaxgirl said:
With respect to our native Spanish speakers, I am always amazed that Tevez in particular is always interviewed in Spanish in view of the fact that he has been in England for many years.
I don't think it's that amazing really. I'm sure he can speak some English but doesn't want to go on TV with it. Also, much as he's great on the pitch, i don't think he's the brightest chap, there's plenty of Spanish speaking footballers around, and if he needs anything personal arranged i'm sure the club have folk who would do that for him, so i'm not that surprised if he's not fluent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.