“Offensive” Spurs banner re: Alonso

I think the banner is in bad taste in that its using the tragic death of an innocent person to have a go at Alonso acts football match. The banner is however factual as he took a life through driving a car whilst over the limit and in the eyes of some they will see this as murder. I just think it's wrong on behalf of the victims family as the knob who made the banner didn't really think about the bigger picture, specifically how the family would feel about their loved one being used as a cheap shot at a rival player.

I think the banner is in bad taste in that its using the tragic death of an innocent person to have a go at Alonso acts football match. The banner is however factual as he took a life through driving a car whilst over the limit and in the eyes of some they will see this as murder. I just think it's wrong on behalf of the victims family as the knob who made the banner didn't really think about the bigger picture, specifically how the family would feel about their loved one being used as a cheap shot at a rival player.

In their position (and I hope I never will be), I suspect that I'd would be more offended that Alonso got away with very little punishment and that his offence seems to have received very little publicity here up to this point.

You think the family would know? they might be pleased he is getting more fingers pointing at him

You think the family would know? they might be pleased he is getting more fingers pointing at him

I'd no idea about this until I saw it in the paper, so like you say the family might be pleased that it been given some column space. My original point was that the fan who made the banner really didn't consider their feelings and is using it as a cheap shot at Alonso as opposed to raising awareness about drink driving.

In their position (and I hope I never will be), I suspect that I'd would be more offended that Alonso got away with very little punishment and that his offence seems to have received very little publicity here up to this point.

I completely agree that he got off lightly, as the fine is nothing to a professional footballer and is a slap in the face to the family and an insult to the victims memory. In the two cases in this country involving Lee Hughes and the goalkeeper who i think played for Plymouth both rightly so received cusodial sentences.

I'd no idea about this until I saw it in the paper, so like you say the family might be pleased that it been given some column space. My original point was that the fan who made the banner really didn't consider their feelings and is using it as a cheap shot at Alonso as opposed to raising awareness about drink driving.
It's not down to the fans to raise the issue,even rooney doing it wasn't news for long,i don't like a lot of what football fans sing and do banners for but it's part of being tribal about your team i suppose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.