1:57 am and..

MCRJON

1:57am and someone just phoned me and asked did it finish 2-2? He had left and didnt watch MOTD cos he thought we'd lost. did people not learn anything at Wembley.

Never say die, fight to finish - cos you never fucking know!!

I learnt one valuable lesson at Wembley ....... to remember where my coach is parked next time i go!

We equalised for one reason, my dad left the pub to go for a smoke.

Whenever my dad leaves, there will always be a goal.

FUCK OFF JOHN ROBERTS!!! (there is a slight chance that will make sense to someone)

;-P

I never leave early since Wembley, NOT Gillingham '99, but The Full Members Cup Final '86 (?) versus Chelsea! We left at 5-1 down, legged it to tube/train, and had no idea of the comeback. It was the days before mobiles, and as we got off in Piccadilly, still didn't know that we pulled it back to 5-4, and had it gone on just a little longer, we would have most likely equalised too. So, as we walk through the station, the first Blues back, a copper says 'Hard luck lads, close finish uh?' We muttered something along the lines of him being a p*ss-taking rag, until he told us the score........
Since then NEVER left a game til the final whistle. Paid off on returning in '99.

Gaudino said:
I never leave early since Wembley, NOT Gillingham '99, but The Full Members Cup Final '86 (?) versus Chelsea! We left at 5-1 down, legged it to tube/train, and had no idea of the comeback. It was the days before mobiles, and as we got off in Piccadilly, still didn't know that we pulled it back to 5-4, and had it gone on just a little longer, we would have most likely equalised too. So, as we walk through the station, the first Blues back, a copper says 'Hard luck lads, close finish uh?' We muttered something along the lines of him being a p*ss-taking rag, until he told us the score........
Since then NEVER left a game til the final whistle. Paid off on returning in '99.

I also left at 5-1 Chelsea, found out at a service station on the way home. Didn't the great Mark Lillis get a hat-trick? How can you go to a game a miss a hat-trick of goals? Lesson learned that day.

blue62 said:
Gaudino said:

I also left at 5-1 Chelsea, found out at a service station on the way home. Didn't the great Mark Lillis get a hat-trick? How can you go to a game a miss a hat-trick of goals? Lesson learned that day.

I left at 5-1 as well, was back from Germany for the game, and had to get to Dover for my ferry, so thought I'd miss the traffic, by leaving early. Found out just as we were getting near Dover, missed a turning as I heard the result, then missed the damned ferry.

blue62 said:
Gaudino said:

i left wembley early for that one too. i think it was 4-1 chelsea at the time. we counted the cheers and thought we'd got hammered but also realised there were enuff that we\could hace won

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.