13 years ago today

Remember saying to the old man at half time that we can't get a pint, let's fuck off and watch it in a pub. He was not amused. He made me see sense and the rest is history. Spurs fans were not happy as we walked out singing like we'd won the cup!

Its quite sad really but it just highlights how much more of an affinity I had with the club years ago. Days like that seemed more special.

Last edited:
I had 500 Euro on us at 100/30 that night (I know, nobody likes an aftertimer), on actual reasoned grounds that we were overpriced, I actually fancied us strongly for some reason or other ... obviously had written the money off at the break.

While going more and more berserk as each goal went in during the second half, by the time Macken headed the winner I had entirely forgotten about the said wager !

Think they traded at about 800/1 or so on Betfair at half time.

Remember foolishly thinking our name was on the Cup, being City reality was soon restored.

We buried the mother in law
article-2350806-0066CC2C00000258-423_634x589.jpg

Sorry; couldn't resist!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.