18/19 home and away kits ?

Surprised that the home kit hasn't been leaked yet as it's always the first to be released?

I like the badge ,but I think its naive to think that the badge wasn't pretty much done before the club went through the motions of asking the fans opinion s.and then gave us no final say in choosing a badge.
As someone who was consulted by the club and contributed via talks etc. I have to say this is absolutely incorrect. The version of the badge that became THE Badge was designed directly after the consultation with fans. The club mocked up hundreds of versions and as feedback came in they modified them, threw some ideas out completely, and added elements. The rose came out much stronger in the consultation than anyone could have predicted. As did the significance of including the date. Comments from fans ensured the words Manchester and City became much more prominent than anyone had predicted and, overwhelmingly, fans wanted to move to a round shape.

City were absolutely clear that if the majority had wanted an eagle it would have stayed - and they meant that. City produced stats on the importance fans placed on elements, colours and so on.

They did not offer fans the chance to vote on different badges, that's true. But, to be frank, if they had they'd have had to show 3 badges - say the eagle, the new one and another. It may well have been that any vote could have been 30% for the eagle, 30% for the new one and 40% for another. In that situation the majority of fans would have voted for another badge and the winning one would always have been questionable. Even if there'd been two to vote for one could have got 51% of the vote and the other 49%. In the aftermath of Brexit we all know how narrow victories/defeats can affect perceptions.

In the end City did a consultation that directly influenced design. There are elements that personally I'm less in favour of than others, but I accept the consultation was a fair process and that it did affect the outcome.

On the badge three things had to be part of it:

It's round - check
It's got manchester city not mcfc - check
It has the shield of manchester - check

the rose is an added bonus, the date wasn't arsed about.

So the main bits are there cannot see how anyone can conplain about it

The sky blue and maroon pics posted over the last couple of pages are 100 times better than anything Nike have produced for us.

I'm not holding my breath.

yeah i agree, seems to be the general consensus ... but agree its too good (and normal) for Nike.

C6xdM-PW0AEAUjY.jpg:large

I dont see Maroon or Claret being major components of ANY home kit.
-it's a branding thing, and as an international brand, you need clarity in what your colors are.

Burnley, West Ham, and Villa all heavily using those elements, prevent us from showing anything other than Blue and White as the main colors.

Like it or not, it's just how it'll be.

Now the away kits etc, maroon/black/gold/purple...whatever, couldn't care less. We barely wear the away kit anyway

I dont see Maroon or Claret being major components of ANY home kit.
-it's a branding thing, and as an international brand, you need clarity in what your colors are.
Well that went out the fucking window this season anyway...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.