1894 Group - the summer and beyond

One thing i'd like to hear are some new City chants and songs. We're obsessed with starting player chants, some of them are good, most are wank but don't last long anyway, but we never make any new City chants anymore.

I honestly think the last new City chant we had was "TBTITLAATW"...that must be 20 years old now and i can't think we've had another one that's stayed with us since that.

I'll be donating next pay day, every little helps

Agree 100%.....Manchester and the City has a tradition of song writing and unique and clever originality so why we haven't got a load of witty uptempo songs is beyond me... and if Zabs leaves and Vinny and Ageuro get injured again we really are going to be struggling for songs...

I think more people would join in if we stopped singing cringe worthy songs about utd like the 6-1 and never felt more like singing the blues when we are losing ffs even the don't sell Joe Hart song has got 6-1 in it now. Just makes us sound obsessed let's get behind the boys and OUR TEAM .
That would end a long tradition! I don't understand singing "Singing the Blues" when the Rags have won, but even "We went to Rotherham" begins "In 1963 we fell into Division Two / The Stretford End cried out aloud, 'It's the end of the Sky Blue'". Rotherham was the game where Bell scored from a Summerbee assist (or pass as we used to call it then) and even while we were leaping around some guy, obvious prepared, gave us Sha la la la Summerbee. Rags added "Who the f.. hell is he?" so we had "the greatest centre forward in history", "United 1 and City 3", "Georgie Best has got VD.." (A bit of research says Wolves fans think they started the "Who the f.. hell is he?" line....) www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/archive/index.php/t-84754.html

Agree 100%.....Manchester and the City has a tradition of song writing and unique and clever originality so why we haven't got a load of witty uptempo songs is beyond me... and if Zabs leaves and Vinny and Ageuro get injured again we really are going to be struggling for songs...
We had the chance to do something different for Aguero and ended up with the dull Sergio chant. "Kun" comes supposedly from the Japanese cartoon and to its signature tune, Sergio Kun Aguero fits perfectly...

We had the chance to do something different for Aguero and ended up with the dull Sergio chant. "Kun" comes supposedly from the Japanese cartoon and to its signature tune, Sergio Kun Aguero fits perfectly...

That's actually awesome.

'YOU' sign Phil Jones... when we are playing Swansea, Everton, Sunderland etc. Does my head in especially as it could easily be changed to 'they'.

I remember that at the time it was suggested and thought it would be ace, shame it didn't take off and we ended up with Sergio instead.

Looking forward to a rousing chorus of ,no Europe ,no medals, when Milner and candle lighters visit next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.