1894 Group - the summer and beyond

To give a bit of further perspective, Leicester had a decent atmosphere all season (for an obvious reason), but they were clapping / hitting those fan things all around the ground. Even that gave out a decent rhythm and atmosphere and gets people going.

I'm clearly in the "drum in" camp, but don't see why we don't just give it a go, than dismiss it out of hand as uncool.

I'm not down for an England style band, maybe just one or two drums at the back of the tier to help people get going. It works.
God help us, clappy things & drums.....that day comes & it's the last game I'll be at.

God help us, clappy things & drums.....that day comes & it's the last game I'll be at.
We got those clappy things at first champs league match versus napoli 2011

Luckily nobody knew what to do with them

Can't stand that clicky clacky noise at Leicester

I am not a drum man, but those flappy things are worth a go in the Family Stand.

I have heard them at the women's home games and they make a fair bit of noise, when opened out they have a team photo or one of the players.

A try out in the family stand would be ideal as the kids would also get a souvenir to take home with them, plus the fact you can not expect young kids to join in with "he is the F...ing man" can you?

Wouldn't need a drum if the stand could learn to sing the same song and at the same time

cheers for the feedback guys - we are swimming against the tide, the ground is going more corporate but we have to keep going. just a few points in general after looking through these comments -

people ask us why we don't have a membership scheme. We don’t run membership so we can avoid any conflict with the MCFCSC. It's not an alternative supporters club, people can like both. It's not an OSC - CSA situation like we had years ago. Perfect balance though as there are things they can achieve through private approaches to the club and there other things we can highlight or campaign on publicly which perhaps politically they can’t.

We don’t use a drum because we feel majority against but maybe at some point future might do a poll on it. We would be loathe to do it really as we want to lift the atmosphere in a traditional way. Yes it works at Leicester and Palace but their fan base has a different mentality to ours which is the key point. You can only do what the rest of the ground wants.

We have asked for a megaphone but not been granted permission. We would prefer to not use any special effects but when it goes quiet that would solve it. Quick blast 5-10 minutes and get everyone going again. Club's security have said no. That being said Middlesbrough - up this year and their group “red faction” use a megaphone AND a drum !

Also there many "career" people at the club who have just taken jobs here as the takeover has given them a career opportunity. It's the same at many clubs in the prem. These guys in these jobs are not fans of the club and have zero idea about traditions so they try to impose an alien culture on us which we try to point out isn't wanted. These people have large budgets and try to move into the fans' space. For example, Leicester have a good group but their displays have been hijacked by the club who try and impose their own displays every game.

Now Leicester fans embraced those clackers/clappers. Norwich copied the idea and handed them out to all their fans but their fans rejected them. So ultimately , it proves there’s no magic wand -and whilst we wouldn’t want them at our place – the point here is that the atmosphere can only be transformed if people themselves buy into what we are trying to do. it’s down to the fans attitude to treat home games like away games and carry on sustained singing. Leicester fans are doing that at the moment.

You wouldn't think the USA could teach us anything about football (soccer).. but maybe we can learn something from this lot...

Note the megaphone and the drum !

We as fans have let ourselves down this year, we need to up our game, you never know it might just get more out of the team.
I was embarrassed by the empty seats at the end of the Arsenal game, no other team relegated sides included will leave the pitch to such a poor reception.

I am not a drum man, but those flappy things are worth a go in the Family Stand.

I have heard them at the women's home games and they make a fair bit of noise, when opened out they have a team photo or one of the players.

A try out in the family stand would be ideal as the kids would also get a souvenir to take home with them, plus the fact you can not expect young kids to join in with "he is the F...ing man" can you?
Didn't we have them in the Family Stand for a Carling Cup game this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.