1894 plans tonight

Banner looked class tonight
I was in the 1894 section and some decent singing at parts but the Basel fans were summet else.
We need chants that last longer, saw the drum at the front, don’t be afraid to use it if it helps maintaining a rhythm. Repetitive songs that last for minutes rather than quick 30 sec bursts.

Repetitive songs are tedious. The monotonous drone of the Basel fans might have been loud but was mind numbing. This is what drums do for an atmosphere, kill it.
Basel were noisy but boring. Hopefully the kid with the drum in our end will see the error of his ways. Thanks for trying but bad idea. Those things have no place at City.

Apart from that, great effort!

I'm very much in the drum camp, however, it needs to be done properly, im sorry but the drummer last night was horrific. the few times it was used it sounded like he had been on the sauce all day as he was at least a good second behind the song and completely out of sync tempo wise, the drum should set the tempo not constantly tly try to adjust. Dont want to be overly critical of whoever it was as I understand it takes some balls to do and there's a lot in the anti-drum brigade that will needlessly give him abuse for it but either pass it on to somebody who can do it properly or get some practice in. its going to be hard enough to get it accepted as it is, don't make it near rimpossible by not being competent enough with it

I'm very much in the drum camp, however, it needs to be done properly, im sorry but the drummer last night was horrific. the few times it was used it sounded like he had been on the sauce all day as he was at least a good second behind the song and completely out of sync tempo wise, the drum should set the tempo not constantly tly try to adjust. Dont want to be overly critical of whoever it was as I understand it takes some balls to do and there's a lot in the anti-drum brigade that will needlessly give him abuse for it but either pass it on to somebody who can do it properly or get some practice in. its going to be hard enough to get it accepted as it is, don't make it near rimpossible by not being competent enough with it

Fair enough mate, good to see there are drum fans around.

We are in a very awkward position with the, drum 33% hate it with a passion and we get flack, 33% don't mind the odd drum beat but nothing like what they have abroad, 34% say yes use a drum with a beat and go for the ultras style. Then of course we have many security issues to cross over to. So its not just a case of bring in a couple of drums under your arm and crack on Phil Collins !

Last night please don't be to critical about, we cant find a phil Collins to drum away at it, so it was used a couple of times just to ease it in on say Guardiola song and one other, it is at the tester stage. The drum wasn't there to show off any drumming skills, simple beat, at the front of 115 sounded fine.

We will try the drum again in the CL, it will be better when fans are more up for singing, but still got to chose carefully when to use it.

What I am surprised about are the people that have posted comments about how to sing etc but yet aren't in the singing section. Next CL game we are grouping again, join in. Only when we get numbers can we be heard.

All the flags / banners / display foils / ticker tape is paid for by fan donations, it is very kind of fans to donate, very. But we don't have the funds to spend money on an expensive drum so if anybody has one and fancies a go let us know.

We have asked about a megaphone, its a firm no from head of security, very firm no after several meetings and appeals even from the club backing us.

How do they get the drums into the ground?

Anything that improves the atmosphere in the ground is good. Thanks to those who are trying but you were always on to a loser last night. City fans were too chilled out to get excited last night.

Really looking forward to the CL quarter finals. Hopefully we get a repeat of the last 16 again......big away win, and a relaxing 2nd leg. Ideal atmosphere wise would be a narrow away leg leaving the 2nd leg at the Etihad as a cliff-hanger.

Way it's going, 50-50 that we get an English club in the Q/Fs which I wouldn't really like

To get a drum in the stadium it has to be checked over and brought in via the security door, as it is at the tester stage then has to be SS lower area only so it can be monitored ( yet it seems Basel fans with flares 15 feet away from the police can go uninterrupted ). If you would like to be involved then please join us in the next CL game when we get a group of tickets.

We are in a very awkward position with the, drum 33% hate it with a passion and we get flack, 33% don't mind the odd drum beat but nothing like what they have abroad, 34% say yes use a drum with a beat and go for the ultras style. Then of course we have many security issues to cross over to. So its not just a case of bring in a couple of drums under your arm and crack on Phil Collins !

Last night please don't be to critical about, we cant find a phil Collins to drum away at it, so it was used a couple of times just to ease it in on say Guardiola song and one other, it is at the tester stage. The drum wasn't there to show off any drumming skills, simple beat, at the front of 115 sounded fine.

We will try the drum again in the CL, it will be better when fans are more up for singing, but still got to chose carefully when to use it.

What I am surprised about are the people that have posted comments about how to sing etc but yet aren't in the singing section. Next CL game we are grouping again, join in. Only when we get numbers can we be heard.

All the flags / banners / display foils / ticker tape is paid for by fan donations, it is very kind of fans to donate, very. But we don't have the funds to spend money on an expensive drum so if anybody has one and fancies a go let us know.

We have asked about a megaphone, its a firm no from head of security, very firm no after several meetings and appeals even from the club backing us.

To be fair, he might just be referring to that bellend in the 2nd half who jumped on the drum and started twatting the fuck out of it for shits and giggles ;)

Along with the Mike Doyle display, I think it's by far the best banner you have made. I really like the style of it, rather then just your normal printed style banner that you see at most grounds, keep up the good work !!! I honestly think we can create better displays then the ones you see in Europe.

This isnt the correct thread but I didnt know where to ask it so, how do Basel fans get 'flares' into the country or have they bought them here ? If they have bought them here it is good organisation to arrive at the airport, nip to your flare dealer and then go to the ground.
Good point and how do they get them into the ground. Why do I queue for half an hour to get searched for bombs when they get in with what is a type of explosive.

From what I can see the 1894 group are on the right track, I'm a believer that the drums will seriously help bring a better atmosphere.

A drum will not make people sing, it'll just be the same as it is now, but with a drum.

The atmosphere in the South Stand Level 1 has been pretty good all season. If you want an atmosphere then move to the South Stand Level 1 and join in.

'We have asked about a megaphone, it's a firm no from head of security', Can I politely suggest that you ask the head of security that if away fans numbering less than 2,000 can bring in possibly up to a dozen flares why isn't a megaphone ok. If he fails to give you a suitable answer ask him when he is going to resign after his failure to ensure that his security team performed their jobs adequately on Wednesday. Could you imagine it that was a semi final against another English team and the away fans had smuggled in flares and then decided to throw them into the home end. Worse still what else could be smuggled in. Security my arse!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.