1894 Singing section for Champions League Group Stage

Why is it called the singing section? Embarrassingly quiet again, especially first half. 1894 group you're doing a great job trying to address it but sorry I think you're fighting a losing battle.

I think that in fairness we played a team who brought 150 or so , so the atmosphere was never going to be great, after all you need a bit of banter to get it going. Saying that i thought the lads that sang did so throughout the match, i could hear them and i was in SS3, it just didnt transmit round the ground.

There was a notable difference from the first half to the second. First half was as bad as it gets for atmosphere and the little flurry of away fans clearly made more noise than the Singing Section.

Second half it was better, rest of the ground didn’t join in though.

my voice is gone after tonights game. i wasnt in the 1894 bit, but was a bit further up and more behind the goal and joining in with the songs. your lot didnt stop singing all game, which was fantastic. some people in 115 - you wouldn't even know they were alive. a group of lads in front of me made no noise and didnt even celebrate for the goals, lots looked like they just didnt want to be there. why be in the singing section or pay to be miserable.is that what its usually like in 115 ? if so we have no hope.

the people at the back seemed to just sing different songs everytime the people at the front sang. i think for this to get better you need more people to join in, not 20 or 30 at the front, but 100- 150. the kippax corner mayaswell not even be there and the rest of the ground dont seem to join in with anything either. to many excuses - not enough away fans, not winning... just sing !

Last edited:
Maybe try putting the section in the middle next time? I'm up at the back and we couldn't hear the bottom and it seemed like we were on two totally different wave lengths, put the section in the middle of the stand and then both top and bottom can hear when you get started and it'll help keep people in time/on track

Maybe try putting the section in the middle next time? I'm up at the back and we couldn't hear the bottom and it seemed like we were on two totally different wave lengths, put the section in the middle of the stand and then both top and bottom can hear when you get started and it'll help keep people in time/on track

Some of you at the back definitely heard us as a lot of our songs caught on but often there seemed to be a weird time delay of several seconds before you got the gist of what we were singing, at which point we were half way or more through the song anyway! A lot of the songs at the back were picked up at the front too.

It was the middle section that seemed to be the issue - some joined in but plenty couldn't be arsed. Sticking pure singers in the middle is a decent shout but we were always going to be restricted when trying to secure a block of 70 or so seats, and the front of the stand had the most space for it plus it gives us a more visual presence. We're already committed to those same seats for Napoli and Feyenoord so there won't be any change until at least the knockout stages (should we qualify of course).

I don't know what more we could've done last night - we put in a huge amount of effort aided by you lads at the back (even if we weren't always in sync with each other). The fact that fans in SS3 said they could hear us is a positive because a lot of the time when we're doing it from the back underneath the overhang they can't hear us. Either way, it's called a singing section for a reason and some fans in there do the sum total of fuck all except moan like mad or panic when it's still 0-0 after 20 minutes.

Some of you at the back definitely heard us as a lot of our songs caught on but often there seemed to be a weird time delay of several seconds before you got the gist of what we were singing, at which point we were half way or more through the song anyway! A lot of the songs at the back were picked up at the front too.

It was the middle section that seemed to be the issue - some joined in but plenty couldn't be arsed. Sticking pure singers in the middle is a decent shout but we were always going to be restricted when trying to secure a block of 70 or so seats, and the front of the stand had the most space for it plus it gives us a more visual presence. We're already committed to those same seats for Napoli and Feyenoord so there won't be any change until at least the knockout stages (should we qualify of course).

I don't know what more we could've done last night - we put in a huge amount of effort aided by you lads at the back (even if we weren't always in sync with each other). The fact that fans in SS3 said they could hear us is a positive because a lot of the time when we're doing it from the back underneath the overhang they can't hear us. Either way, it's called a singing section for a reason and some fans in there do the sum total of fuck all except moan like mad or panic when it's still 0-0 after 20 minutes.

Yeah not having a go mate, did a great job down there you lot, just thinking of more wyas to help is all

The 1894 lads put in a great effort but not enough people are willing to join in unless we are 2 nil up.

I was in 209 and my voice is still hoarse from last night. The poor Blues around me have to listen to my singing voice, often in solo, lol

Yeah not having a go mate, did a great job down there you lot, just thinking of more wyas to help is all

I know you weren't mate and the feedback is much appreciated. I honestly believe that with the weird acoustics in certain areas of the ground, SS3 is the best place to get an atmosphere going - it's a huge section and the roof up there was designed to reflect noise as opposed to the rest of the ground where the roofs absorb it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.