1894 Singing section for Champions League Group Stage

I dont do UCL but i got season ticket in 115 and sit there for cup games( On odd occasion we get home tie) I dont think the 1894 group can do much more they are trying their best, would be great if 109/110/115/116 could somehow be sat together at some games but obviously never could be done.

I know you weren't mate and the feedback is much appreciated. I honestly believe that with the weird acoustics in certain areas of the ground, SS3 is the best place to get an atmosphere going - it's a huge section and the roof up there was designed to reflect noise as opposed to the rest of the ground where the roofs absorb it.

im not sure if it is acoustics. we just need more people singing. i could hear the shaktar fans last night pretty well. if everyone actually sung in the south stand wed be fine. the front and back of 115 was singing. the middle for some reason didnt make any noise. why be in the singing section and not sing ? some people just looked so bored and depressed. i dont know how they can stand there silent all game.the rest of the south stand seems dead swell. i think for the next champions league games, you need more people, maybe about 100 for it to fully work.

dont know whats happening with the kippax corner, have all the singers just stopped going.

Last edited:
I don't normally post on here but wanted to after last night. We are normally in the family stand in 241 where the atmosphere is usually crap and frustrates me. We had freebies in the 93:20 bar last night so sat in 210. I thought the singing section (and the lower south stand in general) gave it a right good go, despite there being a small number of Shakhtar fans. Probably more noticeable to me as we are usually sat up the other end, but I was impressed so keep up the good work.

Great effort Eccles Blue. Was I right in thinking that Pep tried to motivate the Tunnel Clubbers when there was a mini exodus with five minutes to go? I wonder if they will be asking for a grand back?

Anyway, I thought the 45k turnout was good and I can see a 50k crowd versus Napoli and a full house against Feyenord. Their fans will be making a racket, that's for sure.

He was trying to motivate some people but I don't think it was the Tunnel Clubbers as he was turning toward our area and they are the other way. However he actually chose the wrong time to try for the motivation as it was when a player was being treated and people are not really going to be cheering then (unless of course it is Liverpool supporters when one of their players has made a mess of our goalkeeper's face!!!) He should have left it until the game started again. Plus it might have been because a few people were beginning to leave!! He might have noticed that as well.

The Tunnel Clubbers had probably all gone off for their drinks anyway!! It was beginning to get a little cold and they have to be coddled don't they? Even heated seats wouldn't be enough for them at that time! ;-)

He was trying to motivate some people but I don't think it was the Tunnel Clubbers as he was turning toward our area and they are the other way. However he actually chose the wrong time to try for the motivation as it was when a player was being treated and people are not really going to be cheering then (unless of course it is Liverpool supporters when one of their players has made a mess of our goalkeeper's face!!!) He should have left it until the game started again. Plus it might have been because a few people were beginning to leave!! He might have noticed that as well.

The Tunnel Clubbers had probably all gone off for their drinks anyway!! It was beginning to get a little cold and they have to be coddled don't they? Even heated seats wouldn't be enough for them at that time! ;-)

I think you are right that the gap in play prompted some fans to leave that in turn led to Pep trying to motivate the crowd. Like you say the timing wasn't ideal with the stoppage but I can understand Pep's frustration a bit. The game was still in the balance even though the lads were playing well and KDB was world class.

Anyway, it's far better that we have so many fans at the game even if many have to leave a few minutes early. We stayed to applaud the Team off and was in the house in Leeds by 11am, so parking in a good spot help a lot.

im not sure if it is acoustics. we just need more people singing. i could hear the shaktar fans last night pretty well. if everyone actually sung in the south stand wed be fine. the front and back of 115 was singing. the middle for some reason didnt make any noise. why be in the singing section and not sing ? some people just looked so bored and depressed. i dont know how they can stand there silent all game.the rest of the south stand seems dead swell. i think for the next champions league games, you need more people, maybe about 100 for it to fully work.

dont know whats happening with the kippax corner, have all the singers just stopped going.

True comment, we do have bad acoustics but if enough fans sing it will travel.. The Shak fans made it happe because they sang basic club anthems, clapped hands and looked visual so they could all sing in sync... We swap and change songs, confuse the singing and then when you look round a lot sing half heartedly. It doesn't create a visual to follow when there are no motions or hand claps. Hence the Denmark fans chant worked so well in the Euros, its all about singing together. Good or bad acoustics it travels then !

True comment, we do have bad acoustics but if enough fans sing it will travel.. The Shak fans made it happe because they sang basic club anthems, clapped hands and looked visual so they could all sing in sync... We swap and change songs, confuse the singing and then when you look round a lot sing half heartedly. It doesn't create a visual to follow when there are no motions or hand claps. Hence the Denmark fans chant worked so well in the Euros, its all about singing together. Good or bad acoustics it travels then !

i agree mate. one song i thought worked well the other night that I've not heard in ages was city til i die. its a song everyone can join in with and its simple. i dont know why we stopped singing that.

Its difficult to know if the acoustics are really that bad. I remember Lech Poznan when there fans were in the third tier of Colin Bell and the noise was echoing around the stadium. If enough sing it will happen but the majority cannot be bothered.

I dont do UCL but i got season ticket in 115 and sit there for cup games( On odd occasion we get home tie) I dont think the 1894 group can do much more they are trying their best, would be great if 109/110/115/116 could somehow be sat together at some games but obviously never could be done.
I think this has a massive impact on the atmosphere. Im in 115 and the amount of times 115/116 are singing and 109/110 are a few seconds behind or ahead, or even singing a totally different song. We have 2 sections in the ground within 50 yards of each other that sing, that never sing together because of the segregation. Bring those two sections together and suddenly they act as one.

I think this has a massive impact on the atmosphere. Im in 115 and the amount of times 115/116 are singing and 109/110 are a few seconds behind or ahead, or even singing a totally different song. We have 2 sections in the ground within 50 yards of each other that sing, that never sing together because of the segregation. Bring those two sections together and suddenly they act as one.

Is it because of the segregation or are they trying to compete with each other? Is there some sort of rivalry going on? I often wonder about this. Puzzled of Eccles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.