1894 Singing section for EFL cup clash vs Wolves

We sit it block 122 CB1. The noise from SS3 is unbelievable when the fans sing due to the acoustics from that tier (it literally makes your ears ring!) I think this is because the roof is lower than it is on the other tiers in the ground. Our fans were singing in SS1 and SS2 but because of the noise levels from the tier above them, they were simply drowned out. As the rest of the ground can't hear what's being sung by our fans in the SS, they can't join in; we couldn't make out half the chants and our stand is one of the nearest to SS1.

We had the same problem when we played neverton in the second leg of the EFL semi-final last January. We said at the time it was a mistake by the club to let the away fans have the whole of SS3 because our fans couldn't be heard.

If the club must give away fans an entire tier then it should be level 3 on the east stand (apologies for any SC holders if this puts you out but you might have to take one for the team - literally - on this!).

One other point; the further to the left you sit from the SS (or to the right if you're in the east stand), the harder it is to hear what is being sung which may be why people don't join in (although there are some miserable f*ckers who just don't want to). Also, it doesn't help that our fans are out of sync when they're singing - or are competing against each other on chants. When they can be heard, the rest of the ground don't know which chant to follow!

The noise levels of our fans was significantly raised during the penalty shoot out. I think this was due to our fans finally all coming together and also, was partly due to the fact that the Wolves fans were quieter due to the fact they were nervous .

If Pep wants our fans to be noisy and get behind the team, the club should NEVER let any away fans have the entire SS3!

i think thats it. when everyone in the south stand actually sings you can hear it and we sound loud. the away section is tiny, but burnley fans made right noise. thats all we really need - more people singing. its actually really annoying that people arent singing in a singing section. having an entire end helped with that also imo.

Last edited:
I got moved from SS3 last night and stood at the back of 114, its weird as fuck down there because you cant hear the away fans at all. Fair play for trying to get the atmosphere going, I dont know if it was the same group but at the front of 115 there was a few lads watching the Wolves fans rather than the game, bit weird but each to their own.

That was less to do with watching the away fans as actually singing in the direction of the fans behind us to try and get things going mate. If you think about it, when you're right at the front - as we were last night - singing in the direction of the pitch is pointless as there's even less chance of the songs catching on so you have to sing towards the fans behind you. Being at the front and wanting to get an atmosphere going, you have to effectively become a part-time "Capo" and sacrifice watching some of the game. Napoli had about 5 or 6 of the fuckers last week but as is often the case with the continental teams these are full-time Capos who do it throughout the match and pretty much miss everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.