1894 Singing Section vs FC Basel: UPDATE: NO SEATS REMAINING

I agree, let’s try changing our own atmosphere!

true, it doesn't take a lot just fans to get together and try anything not be worried about a drum spoiling an image. If it helps get things going its worth trying.

The three youtube vids by the way are fantastic, would give anything to have that at home games, win draw or lose be some match day that !

The top atmospheres in Italy don't have drums being smashed fuck out of like in Germany or Palace/Huddersfield.

Sampdoria:

Torino

Inter

...are just three examples (and not the best examples by any stretch, just a quick search), there are many.

They sound far better than the constant bang of drums. It's a total myth that you need a drum to create an atmosphere

We have links with the group in Torino. They do use drums, but I agree, they aren't as overpowering German/Dutch clubs. In Italy, in the bigger stadiums like the San Siro, they'll have an ultras section that holds 10,000+. They'd use 5 or 6 megaphones all spread out and have capo's leading the chants (you'd have seen Napoli doing this at our ground with a few different capos). This hasn't been done in English football and it's doubtful IMO that people would get behind it.

My point is that you need 'something' to generate a consistently good atmosphere. I'd say we're an example that watching good football doesn't automatically lead to a bouncing stadium every game.

Take the best atmosphere's City have played in within the UK recently: Celtic clearly the best, Huddersfield were good, Palace, Liverpool when they won the league in April.

3 of these are lead by ultras groups (drum/capo) and one was a big club (who're more than capable of creating a good atmosphere) who thought they had won the league for the first time in 20+ years.

The top atmospheres in Italy don't have drums being smashed fuck out of like in Germany or Palace/Huddersfield.

Sampdoria:

Torino

Inter

...are just three examples (and not the best examples by any stretch, just a quick search), there are many.

They sound far better than the constant bang of drums. It's a total myth that you need a drum to create an atmosphere

That all depends on how many fans are prepared to join in and sing in the first place. I'm not in favour of using a drum but sometimes drastic measures are required and if enough people can't be fucking arsed singing then it perhaps needs to be considered.

There's still time to relocate to this block. We've had good numbers so far so we're running out of seats. If you want to be involved, please send your details across ASAP by clicking on the link above.

Hi, I have got tickets in 116 as I wanted to be close to the atmosphere & to join in with the singing.
Is this section still likely to be standing or is this one of the areas where the stewards try to make you sit down?
(I'm hoping it's standing). Thanks

Hi, I have got tickets in 116 as I wanted to be close to the atmosphere & to join in with the singing.
Is this section still likely to be standing or is this one of the areas where the stewards try to make you sit down?
(I'm hoping it's standing). Thanks
It will be standing, however the atmosphere within the block will be the best. You can still relocate by inputting you details

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.