1998/1999 Home Kit Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998–99_Manchester_City_F.C._season#Team_kit

Can someone change the first sentence on Wikipedia?

"While the home shirt for the season was nothing to write home about - a thankfully-plain if unusually dark-shaded blue shirt with little adornment after the extravagance of 1990's kit design other than simple Kappa logos lining the shoulders and the side of the shorts"

Didn't everyone love this kit. Pretty sure I remember none city fans buying it because it was so smart?
Nope. Always hated the change to that shade of blue. Should never have happened and should never happen again

It's been changed. By the way, anyone can edit Wikipedia, that's the whole point of it.

Loved the shirt, although the MCFC on the back at the bottom always felt unnecessary to me. I need to get out more.

The MCFC poking out the bottom of my jacket meant a bus stopped for me while I was pegging it to the bus stop. Turned out game was delayed anyway and we beat Swindon 6 - 0.

Yeah, that was a great shirt.

image.jpg

At the time, it was a great shirt.

It was extremely popular upon release. Some stories had it down as being the 5th best selling shirt in the country, despite us being in the lower leagues.

I remember wearing it to school and everyone saying how cool it was. I wore it for PE and even some of the girls who had no interest in football were coming up to me and talking about getting one!

It did feel a bit un-City-like due to the shade of blue and the introduction of a new badge but we were so bad at the time, I think a lot of fans were just happy for something fresh and new.

I don't think the shade of blue has aged well, probably because we went back to the lighter tone a few years later, although the badge is less jarring now since we had it for almost two decades.

Liked the Kappa kits, colour was not quite right and the first shirt to be spoilt by the beswick buzzards introduction, but still a fave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.