1st April 1990 - City win at Villa / Strangeways goes up in flames!

Yes was a great day. First time I'd really heard Blue Moon belted out. Hadn't Howard Kendall said before the game that we only win away when there's a blue moon? And we stayed unbeaten that season whilst the rioters were on Strangeways roof!

I flew to Barbados that day for the Test Match, and missed the victories at Villa and QPR, which pulled us away from the relegation places

I was back home for the Sheffield Wednesday game, and then travelled to Norwich when Adrian Heath scored an early winner.

Funny, because Luton’s defeat at Notts Forest guaranteed City’s safety, but Luton eventually survived at Sheffield Wednesday’s expense.

I remember when they bought Paul Taylor to cheadle Hulme police station when they got him off the roof cos it had underground cells so no one could get him out.
Crazy days

I was there! Used to go home & away in those days, seem to recall being in the stand to the right of the goal though rather than the usual behind the nets view, think Villa used to give us extra allocation as it was always a big away turnout. Such a shame Kendall went, really thought we were going to win trophies under him. Was this also the season when we robbed by that Gary Crosby goal at Forest?
Yes this game was a few weeks after the Forest game

I phoned in sick at work and was seen on the telly doh my mate got arested for sfa loads of blues always got nicked at Villa

Reid disallowed goal was at Boro not Leeds
100% at Leeds. From a penalty kick. He hit the post and stuck in the rebound, so, as nobody else had touched the ball since he took the spot kick it was, rightly, disallowed.

Reid’s only League goal for City.

He also scored in the FA Cup at Boro(1-2), missed a penalty at Leeds (0-3), and walloped a clearance at Garry Flitcroft’s head for a bizarre own goal at the North Stand End, also against Boro (0-1).

Fantastic day out.still one of the best away days ive ever had with City
A real sense of manic disorder was in the air with the riots kicking off....Villa were top
We were bottom...we never ever won away...and then we just decided to that day. Brilliant. I was on the terrace behind the goal.absolute bedlam,and i swear even as we entered the away end we sensed we were gonna do something.
Cracking day out.i do miss that old terrace at Villa Park.

Reid’s only League goal for City.

He also scored in the FA Cup at Boro(1-2), missed a penalty at Leeds (0-3), and walloped a clearance at Garry Flitcroft’s head for a bizarre own goal at the North Stand End, also against Boro (0-1).
Some very very painful memories there mate....ouch!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.