2 week winter break from 2020

Pep might protest but if our football directors sees an opportunity such as the rumoured trip to Brazil for a couple of couple of promotional friendlies then Feb is just about right for that weather wise.
At some clubs I agree, but think at ours, Pep and Txiki have enough influence to see that the team comes first. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Peps influence that sees us going back to America pre season and not China or wherever.

If clubs fill it with meaningless but lucrative friendlies i hope the powers that be just cancel the break from the following season.
Complete waste of time if the players are still playing and actually spending more time travelling.

Don't think it's really about the snow hardly any premier league games get called off for snow these days, don't think Pep would allow us to use it for anything other than a break and warm weather training.
I know the grounds are fine but these days the surrounding areas can be an issue for traveling.

At some clubs I agree, but think at ours, Pep and Txiki have enough influence to see that the team comes first. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Peps influence that sees us going back to America pre season and not China or wherever.
Rags will be off to Thailand quicker than a middle aged nonce.

Rags will be off to Thailand quicker than a middle aged nonce.

Leave Mr Gill out of this.

Edit: for legal purposes I wish to state that I meant Mr Gill from 26 Smith Street, not Mr Gill from Ragville/Uefa.

This is great news and will give English clubs a better chance in the Champions League. There is a big difference between a friendly match as part of a warm weather camp in somewhere like Dubai or Spain, and the intensity of the Premier League. January would be better than February though.

football is about money and the break will mean teams going on tour to the usa or china and say its warm weather training. but we are missing the whole point here they think players need a winter break so they can play in the euro's and world cup and have the best chances of winning ??? its never going to happen we just don't have a league that lets the best players and clubs walk there way to the titles and cups. the premeir league is the hardest league in the world and is not a 2 team league like in spain and germany and teams like stoke will fight you to the end no resting the better players vs stoke home or away and its only going to get harder and harder

the winter break will never work for england and the players we are over thinking it here and for me the best way is to increase the squad size from 25 to 30 and have a allocation of english players in the squads to 35%. then move the league cup to later in the year like dec/jan when there is no european football and the fa cup to midweek and no replays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.