2 x 45 minute halves to be scrapped ??

oakiecokie

A proposal to scrap 45-minute halves is to be looked at by football's lawmakers to deter time-wasting.

Instead, there could be two periods of 30 minutes with the clock stopped whenever the ball goes out of play.

Lawmaking body the International Football Association Board (Ifab) says matches only see about 60 minutes of "effective playing time" out of 90.

The idea is one of several put forward in a new strategy document designed to address football's "negativities".

Another proposal would see players not being allowed to follow up and score if a penalty is saved - if the spot-kick "is not successful", play would stop and a goal-kick awarded.

Other ideas include a stadium clock linked to a referee's watch and a new rule allowing players to effectively pass to themselves or dribble the ball when taking a free-kick.

Good idea for me. Half of all our games I'm slumped in my seat bored stiff because of the constant time wasting. Every now and again a bit of football might break out

With a real timed game, games can flow more and we can see some proper footy played

Just sort out a proper clock that stops when the ball isn't moving, make the officials talk to the press after games and even though the clock stops make keepers kick it within a set number of seconds.

All the constant fucking about with rules is just somebody on an ego trip from FIFA.

People saying that a stopped clock is a good idea but don't want 45 minute halves being scrapped?

A football match would last 3 hours if that was the case.

If a stopped clock is brought in they would have to decrease match time.

EDIT: Not saying I agree with the time changes, personally think there should still be 45 minutes halves but with incentives to speed time wasters up.

Last edited:
People saying that a stopped clock is a good idea but don't want 45 minute halves being scrapped?

I think the timewasting would be much less if there was no advantage in it.

Do you think pyschologicaly fans will pay for games that last 60 mins?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.