2 x 45 minute halves to be scrapped ??

i dont think there is a need to change anything as per the timings are concerned, just leave it as it is, what could be introduced is retrospective punishment for divers and may be use of technology for penalty or red card decisions

A lot of people are scared of change but frankly we need to do something about the incessant time wasting that happens in football. Arsenal are the team with the highest "ball in play" stats at 58 minutes. Over a third of premier league games are us waiting for throw ins and substitutions.

A lot of people are scared of change but frankly we need to do something about the incessant time wasting that happens in football. Arsenal are the team with the highest "ball in play" stats at 58 minutes. Over a third of premier league games are us waiting for throw ins and substitutions.

It's not about being "scared of change" though. That's a mantra often wheeled out by people about to introduce a disastrous change to belittle genuine concern. It's about dealing with the cheats not giving in to them. If the game is reduced to 30 minutes each way the cheats will have won.

Because it fucks about with the game. 90 minutes. That will do. Players waste time, get the ref to sort that out. The divers? Sort them out with tv replays. Players killing the game off is professionalism. An art. Football doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be. Why fuck about with it?

i agree, i like it as it is.. but dont forget we have a nation full of moaners who will never be happy and demand it to be better.

Why doesn't the fourth official just do his actual job and add the correct amount of time on? They don't need to change the rules, just apply the existing ones. You might get 15 mins added on in a couple of matches but teams would soon stop wasting time once they realised it was pointless.

they would time waste in the added on 15 mins

It's not about being "scared of change" though. That's a mantra often wheeled out by people about to introduce a disastrous change to belittle genuine concern. It's about dealing with the cheats not giving in to them. If the game is reduced to 30 minutes each way the cheats will have won.
I'm not necessarily saying 30 minutes each way is the answer. If they stuck to 90 minutes, scrapped stoppage time and stopped the clock when the ball was out of play I imagine it would speed the game up and encourage more positive play. However that could take too long.

i agree, i like it as it is.. but dont forget we have a nation full of moaners who will never be happy and demand it to be better.
And you appear to be moaning about some people striving for improvement. very surprised at the resistance to this on here considering the terrible amount of time wasting we have to put up with at the Etihad these days. The problem could be solved instantly and beyond any dispute. If it was up to some of you we'd still be watching keepers endlessly picking up back passes.

I think we should start by enforcing the correct added time after each half. A timekeeper who makes a note of all the wasted minutes which is then sent to the ref just before the 45 is up. During the added time we can then introduce the stop clock to ensure that if there's 10 mins added then 10 mins is played.
Too many shithouse teams want to stifle any kind of game breaking out when they come to the Etihad - it's wank.

I'm not necessarily saying 30 minutes each way is the answer. If they stuck to 90 minutes, scrapped stoppage time and stopped the clock when the ball was out of play I imagine it would speed the game up and encourage more positive play. However that could take too long.

I think if it began to damage the product by taking to long, the authorities would do something about it fairly quickly. The situation where only 60 minutes of a 90 minute game are actually being played is a direct result of a failure to deal with the root cause.

I was at Leeds when the ref told the pitch invaders that we'd stay until midnight if necessary to get the game finished. Consequently, they got off there soon enough. Same should be true of time-wasting etc. If it upsets the tv schedules they'd soon do something about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.