20 games in....Title race back on?

Marvin

I know we were never out of it, but I bet that Chelsea defeat will reinvigorate Citys players and have them really believing that they can win the title

I know we have to be better in the 2nd half of the season, but I believe we will improve as the new players settle in and adapt to the league and manager. I am also very impressed with the way City have played in the last two home games. It wasn't great football against Burnley but it was a really committed performance as was Arsenal.

I was looking at the next few fixtures in the League and I think we'll know after the next 4 games if it's on. I don't think Chelsea are as good as everyone thinks, and we'll find out now. They've got Liverpool and Arsenal back to back. Our games looks tough but so do everyone elses. As a bare minimum I think we have to take 9 points from the next 3 games. i think that will see us close the gap on Chelsea.

We also have the filip of Jesus joining us, and I hope Kompany will return. Potentially that could make a big impact.

City

Everton (a)
Spurs (h)
WHU (a)
Swansea(h)

Chelsea

Leicester (a)
Hull (h)
Liverpool (a)
Arsenal (h)

Liverpool

Utd (a)
Swansea (h)
Chelsea (h)
Hull (a)

Spurs

WBA h
City a
Sunderland a
Boro (h)

Everyone has difficult fixtures.

I know we were never out of it, but I bet that Chelsea defeat will reinvigorate Citys players and have them really believing that they can win the title

I know we have to be better in the 2nd half of the season, but I believe we will improve as the new players settle in and adapt to the league and manager. I am also very impressed with the way City have played in the last two home games. It wasn't great football against Burnley but it was a really committed performance as was Arsenal.

I was looking at the next few fixtures in the League and I think we'll know after the next 4 games if it's on. I don't think Chelsea are as good as everyone thinks, and we'll find out now. They've got Liverpool and Arsenal back to back. Our games looks tough but so do everyone elses. As a bare minimum I think we have to take 9 points from the next 3 games. i think that will see us close the gap on Chelsea.

We also have the filip of Jesus joining us, and I hope Kompany will return. Potentially that could make a big impact.

City

Everton (a)
Spurs (h)
WHU (a)
Swansea(h)

Chelsea

Leicester (a)
Hull (h)
Liverpool (a)
Arsenal (h)

Liverpool

Utd (a)
Swansea (h)
Chelsea (h)
Hull (a)

Spurs

WBA h
City a
Sunderland a
Boro (h)

Spurs have the easier fixtures there in my opinion,but as souness said tonight the big matches take care of themselves,it's the other games against the so called smaller teams,where players levels might drop and so possibilities of shock results...

I don't want to pee on your chips but aren't the Rags fixtures after Liverpool Stoke, Hull, Leicester and Watford ?

City

Everton (a)
Spurs (h)
WHU (a)
Swansea(h)

Chelsea

Leicester (a)
Hull (h)
Liverpool (a)
Arsenal (h)

Liverpool

Utd (a)
Swansea (h)
Chelsea (h)
Hull (a)

Spurs

WBA h
City a
Sunderland a
Boro (h)

You've made my night Marvin. Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all playing out of their skins mostly so far. They can't play much better, but we can. Had to laugh at Sky making out Arsenal's 3 3 at Bmouth was a good result. What ? 3 3 against ten men and a team that cost about sixpence. A rather pathetic result if you ask me.

I don't want to pee on your chips but aren't the Rags fixtures after Liverpool Stoke, Hull, Leicester and Watford ?
I don't know. I didn't think they were in it. They aren't good enough in my opinion. Relying on a lot of good luck at the moment.

You've made my night Marvin. Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all playing out of their skins mostly so far. They can't play much better, but we can. Had to laugh at Sky making out Arsenal's 3 3 at Bmouth was a good result. What ? 3 3 against ten men and a team that cost about sixpence. A rather pathetic result if you ask me.
Good! Bournemouth can play some really good football. They attack really well but give you a chance to play. Arsenal were lucky to get a point because of that sending off. Given the way Arsenal played at City and that hour against Bournemouth I've written them off. I think they have really good players, but there's something not right there. If Sanchez leaves, they've had it.

I don't know. I didn't think they were in it. They aren't good enough in my opinion. Relying on a lot of good luck at the moment.

They are certainly not good enough. But with the luck (or help depending on your view) they are getting at the moment I fear 15 points for them in those 5 games.

Spurs have the easier fixtures there in my opinion,but as souness said tonight the big matches take care of themselves,it's the other games against the so called smaller teams,where players levels might drop and so possibilities of shock results...
They draw too many games. However they might really start believing now. And no Champions league. I know Chelsea have had a fantastic run, but I don't think there's any really outstanding team this season. If Chelsea go and beat Liverpool and Arsenal then they will go on an win it I think. But big question marks against that now.

And if it's not Chelsea, then why not City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.