2015/16 Stand out player of the season?

Tbh it's hard to see how Aguero won't be the stand out player. He's done extremely well this past season and barring any fitness issues he'll be the best.

David Silva is an outstandingly talented player that would stand out in any team.
Looking forward to seeing Sterling team up with Silva and Aguero.
Some defences are going to shit themselves before kick off.
I'd like to see Mangala progress and justify the huge fee.He could be our top defender after a shaky first season.

Most of our 'spine' will be at or approaching their peak, give or take: Silva, Aguero, Kompany (theoretically) and Hart, although Joe's got at least another ten years left of his peak years, but he's still improving.

There's been some bollocks said about the age of our squad. Doesn't mean we shouldn't have a serious eye to it (as we demonstrably have) but many a great defence (goalkeeper included) has had an average age of significantly over 30. Our first choice five (Hart, Zab, Kompany, Mangala, Clichy) is less than 28, with plenty of seriously quality young defenders coming through in the next couple of years. Don't forget John Terry was 'finished' four seasons ago. Players lose form - and get it back - especially defenders.

The average age of the squad will come down discernibly this year to place it somewhere around the middle in the Premier league, not that you'll hear much by way of congratulation from the rag lickspittle press.

Be so happy for our stand out performer to be Sergio, as it would almost certainly mean he'd remained pretty much injury free in his prime.

That said, Silva's looking hot.

So psyched about this season!

Last edited:
Bony.

Don't know why, just feel he may have a very good season.
I'm not sure. We'll be playing one up front. That's Aguero. Bony will start Cup games and the month that Aguero spends injured. If he can impress given those circumstances, then fair play to him. But I don't see it.

I think Aguero, Silva, Stirling will be world class. I hope that one at least of our academy have stand out seasons - most likely either Kelechi or Jason Denayer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.