2016/17 DVD

Got it now, dont know why they've started doing them later in the year now, they used to be a God send for the withdrawal symptoms in mid June, surely they don't sell as well in October.

Looking forward to next year's Champions one...

Used to be great fathers' day fodder.

Got it now, dont know why they've started doing them later in the year now, they used to be a God send for the withdrawal symptoms in mid June, surely they don't sell as well in October.

Looking forward to next year's Champions one...
What's it like? The last one I bought was the champions DVD 13/14 and it was fucking awful. The narrator was shocking (spoke about yoowee roster), was poorly edited and they played constant music in the background when showing our games which drowned out the crowd noise. Is it more of the same?

What's it like? The last one I bought was the champions DVD 13/14 and it was fucking awful. The narrator was shocking (spoke about yoowee roster), was poorly edited and they played constant music in the background when showing our games which drowned out the crowd noise. Is it more of the same?
Thankfully the music has gone and it's not a bad one this year, the odd brief interview here and there and a fairly decent run through of the season and every goal in every game is included.

My only problem with the recent ones is personally i'd rather hear neutral commentary when looking back at games but that's just me. They never use the Sky/MOTD coverage now like they used to and I just don't rate the MCFC TV commentators.

Thankfully the music has gone and it's not a bad one this year, the odd brief interview here and there and a fairly decent run through of the season and every goal in every game is included.

My only problem with the recent ones is personally i'd rather hear neutral commentary when looking back at games but that's just me. They never use the Sky/MOTD coverage now like they used to and I just don't rate the MCFC TV commentators.

100% agree. 2014 one wss the nadir. The music... And let's not revisit the Tour-Ray Yah-yah' debacle!

But I imagine the commentary issue is the money they'd have to shell out your use it. Can put these dvds out at half the price with cackling commentators and the same number will still buy them.

I wore out the 11/12 one,the 13/14 was an abomination,the music was awful,i like crowd noise and not music,i watched it once that's all and haven't brought one since

I did enjoy it a few years ago when they used to have the proper tv commentary but I can live with citytv commentary. It's the other bits that I mentioned and more that really irked me. Sounds like it's improved a lot. If we win it again this year I will get it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.