2019/20: MCFC 125th anniversary

acton28.blog

Team supported
CITY/Aberystwyth Town
I know 1880 was our foundation year as St. Mark's, 1887 was the year we became Ardwick FC but 1894 was the naming of our club as Manchester City F.C.

I know a few top flight clubs across Europe started their research five years before marking their 125th anniversaries. So, has anybody heard of anything City are doing? Is there a forum, peergroup, anniversary committee? Have fan clubs thought about this yet? Anyway, I'd like to get the ball rolling with ideas...

Kits
Would City be willing to replicate the original all blue and white kit? [yes, I know there was one half/half effort before it] or would we, as fans, be willing to have a season in our original black kit, shifting the famous sky blue for away games instead? Many clubs, like Brentford etc, just bang out limited edition items. What can we offer that makes us stand far above the crowd?
manchester_city_1894-a.gif
manchester_city_1884-a.gif

Events
We're a massive club and things like City Live, Live For City (the kit launch), end of season dinners etc are pretty well organised. The Football League had their own programme. Maybe we could all pay 1894 prices? or £184.90 and everything is paid for the season.

The crest
We should have something tailored to stand us out - but reflect our many historic forms of crests. Some clubs go minimalist, others go OTT.
Preston_North_End_FC_logo_(125th_anniversary).png

The fans
There should be an exhibition of fan photos, photos by and of fans from as far back as possible. Could City draft in the National Football Museum etc? Could we all dig into our lofts and find something totally unique to showcase?

All Time XI / Game 125
We could mark out and put to vote by those at the game; those abroad; those in Manchester - and see which games or XIs would be voted the all time greats. It'd be interesting to see who different demographics choose.
Then play a game with those XI's names on the back of the shirts. Charity auction the lot...

I know it is a few years off but this great club has been an institution to generations of my family and will be forever more engrained in our blood. I'd like to see us do something as a club across the EDS, Academy, MCWFC, Disabled team, senior squads, supporters teams, forums, fans, sponsors, everything connected to the club to show we had our past, we are the present and the future is brighter than bright.

This can't be true. I'm constantly being told that we have no history. Usually by supporters of a club founded 12 years after ours.

This can't be true. I'm constantly being told that we have no history. Usually by supporters of a club founded 12 years after ours.

If we celebrate our 125th birthday in 2019/20, then we can't say that we're older than said club. If 1880 is our year of birth, then we should just wait til 2030 and celebrate properly.

We're not older.
That lot formed as in 1878 as Newton Heath LYR. But they adopted their new name in 1902.
Never mind what they say or do...

We should party in 2019/20 and 2030 too as the 150 years since we came about...

If we celebrate our 125th birthday in 2019/20, then we can't say that we're older than said club. If 1880 is our year of birth, then we should just wait til 2030 and celebrate properly.

i am with you fella, althouh by 2030 i may well not be around to celebrate

We're not older.
That lot formed as in 1878 as Newton Heath LYR. But they adopted their new name in 1902.

Never mind what they say or do...

We should party in 2019/20 and 2030 too as the 150 years since we came about...

Newton Heath FC were liquidated in 1902 and Scum FC was formed as a new entity so they could write off Newton Heath's debts (much the same as happened with Ardwick FC and City). So if we were formed in 1894 then the rags were formed in 1902.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.