(22 Sept) Podcast: Joey Barton interview, Watford demolition, Gundogan challenge

BlueMoonPodcast

Blue Moon Podcast Season 9, Episode 7: Pocket Rocket
Logo-1718-300.png

This week:
- We analyse the result at Watford and why City were so dominant
- We look at the challenge that saw Ilkay Gundogan leave the pitch injured at WBA
- We've part one of an exclusive interview with Joey Barton, discussing two famous red cards
- We look at the Aguero-Jesus partnership and wonder why anyone doubted it
- We look at the three 6-1 away wins in the Premier League that are now no longer City's biggest victories on the road

Episode 9.7 - Pocket Rocket
Subscribe on iTunes
Download the mp3 (right click - save as)

Episode 9.7 Extra - What is a Successful Season?
For $2/m sponsors who back the show by through Patreon, you can listen to the supplement show. It works on desktop and on mobile. There are also extra rewards for those who choose to back a little bit more. All the details are here: http://www.patreon.com/BlueMoonPodcast.

We hope you like it - let us know what you think!

Won’t to listening to this one as I’m not interested in listening to the thug nor giving him any credence

Good podcast, the word twat fails to do Barton justice.
Listening to his selfish justification for why he hit Tevez and was sent off on a match that was essential to QPR's future in the premier league beggars belief.

I will echo @karen7 sentiment... i am not sure why you give this thug a platform... as a matter of fact, i am not sure why he has been given so many chances (specially with BBC's 5live!!!)... from mugging Ousmane Dabo to prison to gambling (to name a few) yet he is still given chances....
your show is by far my favorite City centric podcast but you've disappointed me today... i will fast forward the rest of that interview and maybe in your next show you can tell us why the interview...

As a quick response -

The reason Joey Barton is interviewed is because of his history with City. The interview does not celebrate Barton. We asked him about the key incidents in his City career - and when facing City - and it's for the audience to make of it what they want. The incident with Dabo, while not in this week's edit, will be featured; we haven't shied away from asking him about the bad stuff because we'd be failing if we did.

It's also worth pointing out that it's seven minutes in a 65-minute show (and the second part will be the same) - if he's really that unpalatable, then you can skip through it. However, as much as you may disagree with what he says, how he says it, or what he thinks or stands for, we'd urge you to listen and comment on it. It'd be boring if we only interviewed people who had nice things to say all the time.

Dont get all the hate . Maybe an age thing .Always liked Barton as a player , he was a very good for us for several seasons . He arguably played a massive part in us winning the best league EVER ,bringing us back from the brink . Talk's very well and he likes The Smiths .

Excellent interview. Can't understand the faux outrage at you conducting it.

He is an odious character. Honest in his ease with violence. Self centred, thinks he's incredibly intelligent.

I enjoyed it

Great podcast... Howard is wonderful as usual...

I always think Joey Barton is a disgusting, thuggish, lowlife human and hearing him (with that grating, vomit inducing, Scouse accent) in this episode, doubly reinforces my view. A horrid person.

JJ

Excellent interview. Can't understand the faux outrage at you conducting it.

He is an odious character. Honest in his ease with violence. Self centred, thinks he's incredibly intelligent.

I enjoyed it

Well said mate, looking forward to listening to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.