28th December 1998

We've got that Andy Morrison to blame if not for him there'd be plenty of room in the stands

When Morrison had his debut v Colchester he was called Andy "the Magician" Morrison when he scored, Kevin "the Hurricane" Horlock got the other before Dozzell scored. I can only remember Paul "the Destroyer" Dickov other than that before they stopped doing it, but there must have been more.

Can anyone else remember more tannoy nicknames for scoring players in Autumn 1998?

When Morrison had his debut v Colchester he was called Andy "the Magician" Morrison when he scored, Kevin "the Hurricane" Horlock got the other before Dozzell scored. I can only remember Paul "the Destroyer" Dickov other than that before they stopped doing it, but there must have been more.

Can anyone else remember more tannoy nicknames for scoring players in Autumn 1998?
Terry "the rag twat" Cooke I heard a couple of times I swear on it.

Ah Alsop, I have been racking my brain for Goater's but no recollection. Must have began with a G, and pretty sure it wasn't the Goat. Think they had scrapped it prior to Terry "HNMA"Cook.

i was thinking of the away game 0-1

Ah Alsop, I have been racking my brain for Goater's but no recollection. Must have began with a G, and pretty sure it wasn't the Goat. Think they had scrapped it prior to Terry "HNMA"Cook.

Pretty sure The Goat was the first player to receive the special tannoy treatment and surely a man with your powers of recollection remembers that bald red twat Alan Keegan announcing Shaun "Goal Machine" Goater? First heard versus Notts County when we beat them 7-1 in the 2nd leg of the League Cup tie back in August 1998 IIRC. Even Gary Mason scored that night.

GMR would have been impossible to listen to if you didn't have any knowledge, thier commentary was hard work, I was usually at that time at 95% of the games, unfortunately I'm struggling to remember any of the nicknames on there either.

These were the years I first started going with me mates without me Dad. I was 16/17 that season, had been going to City ten years.

I actually loved those years!

I didn't give a shit how bad we were (three promotions in four years was actually a higher ratio of celebration than we've had in the last four years in the league) our support was the best in the country then. Now we're a top Prem side on the pitch but terrible in the stands home and away we're no comparison to back then.

This game changed our season

The second half we got behind the team like never seen that season and we fucked stoke off

After the game every one from Moss side seemed to be looking to give Stoke a battering let alone City hooligan core, it seemed they were pissed off at the fighting at the game in May when we were both relegated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.