3-5-2 for the rest of the season?

leighton

Could we be seeing this formation soon? With the fullbacks being past there sell by date and Kompany back to fitness is this going to be our formation till the end of the season? I think with the home game on Sunday against Swansea this is the time to bring in this formation.

The 3 centre backs pick themselves. Kompany , Stones , Otamendi.

The wing backs or wingers too would be Sterling and Sane both have the legs to get up and down the pitch.

The midfield 3 could well be from KDB . Fernandhino and 1 of Silva or Yaya or in home games against Swansea drop Fernandhino for Yaya and have Silva in.

The front 2 has to be Kun and Jesus with Inheanacho on the bench we need to make sure he still gets some game time as he is a natural finisher and he keeps progressing on and on to then go on and be the long term replacement for Kun.

Pep has some great attacking talent on his books crazy as it is we need to get scoring more goals than before as our goal difference to our rivals for the top 4 is shit so we need to kick on.

We've just hit on a set up that's working, why would we change it now?

Could we be seeing this formation soon? With the fullbacks being past there sell by date and Kompany back to fitness is this going to be our formation till the end of the season? I think with the home game on Sunday against Swansea this is the time to bring in this formation.

The 3 centre backs pick themselves. Kompany , Stones , Otamendi.

The wing backs or wingers too would be Sterling and Sane both have the legs to get up and down the pitch.

The midfield 3 could well be from KDB . Fernandhino and 1 of Silva or Yaya or in home games against Swansea drop Fernandhino for Yaya and have Silva in.

The front 2 has to be Kun and Jesus with Inheanacho on the bench we need to make sure he still gets some game time as he is a natural finisher and he keeps progressing on and on to then go on and be the long term replacement for Kun.

Pep has some great attacking talent on his books crazy as it is we need to get scoring more goals than before as our goal difference to our rivals for the top 4 is shit so we need to kick on.

I think for the time being sticking with the back 4 is more appropriate, ya ya sane and Jesus has given the boss food for thought and if gundogan was fit it would be even more interesting, funny how a good result can turn a squad lacking in depth into a selection dilemma. We beat west ham but the extremes in judging our quality continues.

We aren't suddenly brilliant like we weren't shit people need a bit more balance this best 11 debate is a pointless one.

I always think the best thing to do when you find a formation that seems to work well is to change it ASAP to one that has generally failed.

If we had younger wing backs with a bit more pace then yes!

I think the full back position is one that needs a dressing very soon once the season is done! We have an average age of 31 at full back, and neither one are fast enough to push up and track back, in fact I'd put my neck on the line and say at least 60% of goals we've conceded this season has come from poor defending on the flanks!

Putting Sane and Sterling as wing backs would be insane! Your running the risk of losing that extra bit of danger because they're having to do two jobs at once which is attack and defend, so essentially you're restricting them that extra few yards in the oppositions area that makes them a genuine threat!

It failed in the past as we didnt have the players to play in the formation. Now we got the players to try this formation that will at home against Swansea and away to Bournemouth should be enough to get us the wins. We need to score more goals to add 2 up front with a back 4 and to fit the midfielders all in is a huge ask. Pep will always change his team and he will change his tatics too we have seen it time and again all season. I be guessing there be changes to the team for the weekend game always is with a Pep team with the players we have to choose from.

i think this season we have been at our best when we've used the 4141 formation. It's what we started with and it's what we've reverted back too!
Having said that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Pep did try 3 at the back again at some point.
Our full backs are the obvious weakness in our squad! We just have to get through this season as best we can with them and then it really does need addressing in the summer! Not sure what or who is to blame but the neglect the position has had for 2 years now is staggering!

It failed in the past as we didnt have the players to play in the formation. Now we got the players to try this formation that will at home against Swansea and away to Bournemouth should be enough to get us the wins. We need to score more goals to add 2 up front with a back 4 and to fit the midfielders all in is a huge ask. Pep will always change his team and he will change his tatics too we have seen it time and again all season. I be guessing there be changes to the team for the weekend game always is with a Pep team with the players we have to choose from.

Of course there'll be personnel changes but changing shape would be foolish. We seem to have clicked, everyone seems to be aware of their job and look confident doing it, changing tack now would just bring back that uncertainty that's plagued us a number of times this season.

I'd be worried that Sterling and Sane wouldn't quite offer the same constant threat in behind if they were asked to play a deeper wing-back role. It's definitely an option for certain games, if Pep decides, but i wouldn't switch to is as our default.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.