3 English (or HG) players

The HG rule is a pain int he arse...very few English/british players are good enough at present (and have always been vastly overrated anyway....look at rooney for christ sakes...supposedly world class but has never ever done it when it mattered on the international stage along with many many others)

One of our HG should def be in the keeper position...whether that is Hart back in the squad (very unlikely) or using one the of the reserve keepers, or buying a HG keeper.

I don't thin Tosin is anywhere near ready based on what i saw at the start of the season int he friendlies...way off it...Bambi on ice!...he may have improved but he has a long way to go.

Garcia is on the other hand ready i think to take a position in the first team squad.
What about some of the young strikers we have.....???????

The young right back also looked class in the derby cup game that we lost (Narrowly)

The young right back also looked class in the derby cup game that we lost (Narrowly)
Maffeo, been mentioned a few times on here :)

From some of the things Guardiola has said I'd expect him to be the back up right back next season.

Attackers? Unal and Roberts could be ready, the lads in the EDS probably need another season tbh and none of the rest of the loanees are really screaming to be put in our senior squad in that area.

Can see Gunn, Nacho, Garcia, Maffeo and an attacker (either Unal or Roberts) being part of the first team set up next season, any more might be pushing it too far. Tosin to get a few cup games or CL group games if we look comfy, unless he goes out on loan, Diaz, Foden and Sancho to stay in the EDS and get involved in the cup games if they're in form.

Some people still seem to think it's a quota that needs filling, but it isn't. All we have to replace is their contribution to the squad and I could replace Delph with a cardboard cut out of Delph and we wouldn't have lost anything. Honestly, if you look at the HG players who are leaving, and how much (little) we have required of them this season, it's pretty obvious it's not an issue. Clichy is the only HG player who is leaving who has contributed at all and he's wank.

It would be as simple as replacing any one of the (numerous) foreign players who are leaving with a HG player to balance out needing a replacement for Clichy (unless we went even simpler and just got a HG leftback). Not difficult at all, we could just promote any one of Gunn, Maffeo or Roberts. It's not as if our Bravo, Sagna or Navas are exactly irreplaceable
Maffeo will still be under 21 for next season so wouldn't count on the 25 man squad list, I'll be surprised if Gunn isn't one of our 2 goalies.

Maffeo will still be under 21 for next season so wouldn't count on the 25 man squad list, I'll be surprised if Gunn isn't one of our 2 goalies.
It's a moot point if Maffeo doesn't have to registered or not, you don't need to fill the squad list. Either way you do it it's a player contributing to the squad without having to be named as one of the foreign players

Angus gunn
Pablo maffeo
Patrick roberts
Kelechi
Aleix garcia
Sterling
Stones
Aaron mooy

Weve got plenty and who knows how phil foden, brahim diaz, jordon sancho, tosin and others will develop by xmas next year??? Strengthen the main areas 1st and then look at other hg players

Interesting. If that's the case then you'd think we've got no interest in Pickford unless we want two young English keepers.

I'd be a bit surprised if we went for Pickford as my understanding was that Gunn was seen as having the potential to be extremely good. However, if the decision makers at City have subsequently decided that Pickford has even more potential, they might go for him.

I know its flavour of the month to slag him off at the minute but personally think Pep would be the man to get the best out of Ross Barkley. I'm also a fan of Ward Prowse.

Just to clarify – there is no English quota or rule! You can have 17 unrestricted players (foreign), beyond that they have to be either under 21, club trained (max 4) or Association trained ‘English club’ (max 4). So you can just crack on with 17 players and use the youth team as back up.

That said 17 is too light and we tend to average 25ish players in the wider 1st team squad including the likes of Tosin and Garcia who rarely play and that is too many.

So I have no doubt we will have 17 foreign players next year plus; Stones & Sterling is 19. If Denayer comes back and we retain Maffeo and Garcia then that is 22. I’m assuming Delph and Tosin will leave.

I would not be adverse to getting Trippier back. Looks great when he plays and would suit our game plan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.