3 Gold Stars on our Crest

jimharri said:
How did we? Don't know exactly when we won the Charity Shield, but we won the league in '67-'68 (the season finishing in May, before the cup final). We won the F.A. Cup in May '69, after we had presumably handed back the championship trophy to the league champions of '68-'69. Therefore, we can't have been the holders of both at the same time; could we?

A couple of yrs ago we researched this & after about 5 fookin hrs searching through all the records of English teams that held those trophys around that time we proved beyond doubt that we had the right to have that picture.
We also failed to(a team may have done) find any picture or stats of any English team before 1970 that had held 3 trophys at the same time.
Have a search it'll kill a few hrs,lol.

I said nothing about sexual abuse. It would be psychological abuse, 24 hour death metal + the Nolans, and making them watch vids of Sir Alex Ferretarse and Sir Gurry of Nuvil in a jacuzzi.

merlot somme said:
The most sensible and coherent explanation that I have heard for the three stars, and though this was just after the badge appeared, I suspect it was something the designers thought up after they'd put the stars there, was that it was taken from and meant to represent the European flag, the ring of stars on a blue background. But the stars are in line not on an arc, and the bird is pure make believe. So the stars were probably just put there because they wanted to put something there.

The bird is may be make believe, but harks back to the one on the old original crest of Manchester that was posted on here not long ago, if anyone has it still, be good to see it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.