3 years ago today

The touch was truly awful and probably caused the slip, which revealed just how badly he wanted that title. He'd have stayed on his feet if it was an end of season dead rubber. Step by step, his desperation drove him further towards the turf.

A lovely vision.

A red,river rat scrambling on his knees and opening the door for us walk through.

CHAMPIONS.

"The pre-eminent controlling midfielder in Europe", according to his manager at the time.
He was voted second-best footballer in the PL by the hacks. He wasn't even the second-best footballer at Liverpool that season.

I'm glad he fell over, and I'm also glad his pre-eminence was exposed as a sham by Dwight Gayle, formerly of Peterborough United.

Self-promoting twunt.

As good as he was he'll always be remembered with hilarity for that slip. His fault, nobody else's, least of all those who laugh. Another trophy in our coffers.

Are there any bigger knobs than those who choose to drape a red shirt over their ample frames?

I get up earlier each day to laff longer at these river rats.

Their crushing disappointment & continued failure is something to rejoice in.

How's that thick,slack jawed yaaaarksher twat Jimmy 'I'm a central midfielder' Milner getting on at left back.

Won fuckall since he left us. Turncoat !!

As good as he was...

How good was he really?

He gave out the Maximus stuff often enough, mostly motivated by his own desire for myth creation. He's rightly remembered for some terrific blood-and-thunder performances over the years.

But where was his sophistication, where were the subtleties of thought and decision that turn a very, very good footballer into a great footballer?

Where was he at Crystambul? A leader who failed monumentally at the decisive hour. Maximus the general could only blubber and sob when his troops needed direction, needed to stop Palace after they scored their first. He abandoned his post, pushed the cameras away, left the field in tears.

Pre-eminent controlling midfielder, my arse.

Had a Hollywood scriptwriter penned either of those outcomes they would have been hailed as fantasy. In all my footballing dreams I would never have dreamt of two outcomes like those. First, the Rags, and then the Dippers! It could not have been worked any better!

Chelsea will win the league this year and like when they won it in 2015 no one will bat an eye lid talking about great premier league title campaigns as it's been a stroll for them. Catching a team in the closing stages then taking the trophy off them is a much more satisfying way of doing it.

Them dippers must still have nightmares over 2014, Rodgers should have been sacked there and then after crystambul as he negligently chucked it all away. Some of the best football I've seen City play was that season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.