31 | Ederson - 2023/24

Anyone blaming Eddie, of all players, for last night's result needs to have their head examined.

He did everything a keeper can. Penalties by design heavily favour the penalty taker (they should be scored 8 out of 10 attempts) so the fact he saved a decently struck one at all--then put away a perfect penalty with Lunin even guessing the way he struck it--was a huge contribution.

And there wasn't much he could do for their goal, either: the defence--and particularly Walker--let him down for that passage. His distribution last night was also outstanding, barely putting a pass astray and finding ours in acres of space in midfield or the wings numerous times.

He continues to be one of the best keepers in the world and I wouldn't have anyone else as our number one.

Have we all become so used to it thag he doesn't even get a mention?

His passing today was out of this world. I don't think he made a single poor pass, including numerous 70 yard balls. I love Ortega as much as anybody but those questioning who are number 1 is are mental. Nobody on the planet can do what Ederson did today. He's also made yet another great save for the "he doesn't save anything" brigade to ignore.

Edy become even better since Ortega joining us. I hope we retain Ortega or we need capable keeper like him in the market next season to keep pushing Edy to be the best version of himself.

Have we all become so used to it thag he doesn't even get a mention?

His passing today was out of this world. I don't think he made a single poor pass, including numerous 70 yard balls. I love Ortega as much as anybody but those questioning who are number 1 is are mental. Nobody on the planet can do what Ederson did today. He's also made yet another great save for the "he doesn't save anything" brigade to ignore.
He's an absolute freak of nature, that pass to Walker !! WOW

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.