31 Years Ago Today Full Members Cup Final At Wembley

My favourite competition. Remember losing to Hull in the area final first leg - there was snow around I think and it was freezing but the away end backed on to a supermarket so if you leaned next to the vent you could stand in a t shirt. For the final 3 of us went on a coach and 1 was late turning up. My other mate ran back to his house to wake him (I was unaware - got on at a later stop) but meanwhile he came from a different direction. The "late one" arrived, the coach left and the one "on time" missed the coach. We had no idea till we rang him at Watford Gap to ask why he had missed the coach. He went ape shit - said it was intentional. Was ok though cos he was a Utd fan coming for the day out, so all worked out well in the end...

Went down in a mini bus. It got hairy a couple of times that day. Didn't enjoy a single minute of the whole day.

The prick David Speedie took my City scarf on their lap of honour I think he thought I was giving it to him. One of my earliest memories of watching the blues.

Me and a mate went down on the special from Piccadilly to Wembley Central. Don't remember seeing any trouble at all

I was there with my dad and yes you can put us down as leavers at 1-5 as well. It's only just occurred to me watching the goals on the clip on page 1 here but was there any particular reason we were both in our away strips for the game?

Yep was there with my Dad, I would've been 7
Left at 5-1
Still got the programme

Went with my mum and dad, my mum was amazed by the amount of city scarves hanging out of the windows of cars on the way down she was a BWFC God rest her soul

My father and I went on a coach from the Golden Garter near Civic Centre. I cannot remember anything about it. I was a teenager at the time. I'm now doubting that I went!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.